College of Staten Island
 The City University of New York
 
  
CSI Student with Professor

About CSI
  A Brief History

CSI opened in 1976 through the union of two existing colleges—Staten Island Community College and Richmond College. Staten Island Community College, the first community college in the University, opened in 1956. Richmond College, an upper-division college that offered undergraduate and graduate degrees to students who had successfully completed the first two years of college study elsewhere, opened in 1967. The merger of these two colleges resulted in the only public four-year institution of higher learning on Staten Island.