Center for Advising and Academic Success (CAAS)
In recognition of the unique concerns and needs that transfer students often have, CSI has developed a Transfer Registration and Advisement Communication (TRAC) Team to ensure that your educational experience begin with a solid start. Through our TRAC Team, CAAS offers special, individual sessions for our incoming transfer students to help ease their transition to CSI by providing a brief orientation program, in tandem with advisement and registration for the upcoming semester. In order for the TRAC Team to arrange your appointment, you must complete the items referred to in the next section:
Before Your Appointment Can Be Scheduled
- Please submit your “Admissions Response Form” and pay your commitment deposit: if you have questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Recruitment and Admissions (Building 2A-Room 103, 718-982-2010).
- Complete all remaining assessment testing requirements, including the Math Placement Exam: for assistance, additional information, or to arrange an appointment, please contact the Testing Office (Building 1A-Room 104, 718-982-2380).
- Submit all official academic transcripts to the Registrar’s Office (Building 2A-Room 110, 718-982-2120) for evaluation: this includes any College Now and Advanced Placement work completed while in high school. You are responsible for the timely submission of all transcripts: please note that failure to comply with this requirement will delay the evaluation of your credits and may impact your ability to enroll for the appropriate courses.
- Once you have committed and your transcript evaluations are complete, a member of the CAAS TRAC Team will contact you by phone to set up your one-on-one advisement and registration session.
Help Us Make the Most of Your Appointment Time
The TRAC Team wants to devote as much time as possible to addressing your academic needs and concerns. Before coming in for your appointment, please take the time to do the following:
What to Expect When You Come to CAAS
During your appointment, you will meet with (TRAC) Team members who will assist with:
- Reviewing academic curriculum and major requirements;
- Declaring or changing your major;
- Determining appropriate general education courses needed at CSI;
- Developing your class schedule and registering for classes;
- Answering any academic policy or procedure questions;
- Providing you with a copy of your class schedule;
- Referring you to other offices as needed.
Questions or Concerns? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.