Center for Advising and Academic Success (CAAS)
In recognition of the unique concerns and needs that transfer students often have; CSI has developed a Transfer Registration and Advisement Communication (TRAC) Team to ensure that your educational experience begin with a solid start. Here, your advisement and registration experience begins once your transcripts have been evaluated by a TRAC member within the Office of the Registrar, you have fulfilled all necessary testing requirements and your tuition deposit has been paid. Upon completion of all above processes, you are then contacted to complete your course scheduling and registration process with the Center for Advising and Academic Success (CAAS).
Transfer Student Orientation
During this appointment, students meet with (TRAC) Team members who will assist you in:
- Reviewing academic curriculum and major requirements;
- Declaration of a major;
- Determining appropriate general education courses needed at CSI;
- Developing your class schedule and registering for classes;
- Answering any academic policy or procedure questions;
- Providing you with a copy of your class schedule and tuition bill;
- Referring you to other desired offices;
- Obtaining your student identification card.
After completing each above process, you will have also successfully completed your first advisement and registration process with us. And, as you are aware, this means that you have successfully developed your schedule and are enrolled in your first semester of classes at CSI. Welcome to your new home!