Center for Advising and Academic Success (CAAS)
In recognition of the unique concerns and needs that transfer students often have, CSI has developed a Transfer Registration and Advisement Communication (TRAC) Team to ensure that your educational experience begin with a solid start. Through our TRAC Team, CAAS offers special, individual sessions for our incoming transfer students to help ease their transition to CSI by providing a brief orientation program, in tandem with advisement and registration for the upcoming semester. For you to arrange your appointment with the TRAC Team, you must complete the items referred to in the next section:
Before Your Appointment Can Be Scheduled
- Please pay your commitment deposit: if you have questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Recruitment and Admissions (Building 2A-Room 103, 718-982-2010).
- Complete all remaining assessment testing requirements, including the Math Placement Exam: for assistance or to arrange an appointment, please contact the Testing Office (Building 1A-Room 104, 718-982-2380).
- Submit all official academic transcripts to the Registrar’s Office (Building 2A-Room 110, 718-982-2120) for evaluation: this includes any College Now and Advanced Placement work completed while in high school. You are responsible for the timely submission of all transcripts: please note that failure to comply with this requirement will delay the evaluation of your credits and may impact your ability to enroll for the appropriate courses.
- Call 718-982-2683 to schedule your appointment. If necessary, please leave a clear message identifying yourself as an incoming transfer student and including your full name and phone number so that a member of the TRAC Team can respond to your call.
Help Us Make the Most of Your Appointment Time
The TRAC Team wants to devote as much time as possible to addressing your academic needs and concerns. Before coming in for your appointment, please take the time to do the following:
What to Expect When You Come to CAAS
During your appointment, you will meet with (TRAC) Team members who will assist with:
- Reviewing academic curriculum and major requirements;
- Declaring or changing your major;
- Determining appropriate general education courses needed at CSI;
- Developing your class schedule and registering for classes;
- Answering any academic policy or procedure questions;
- Providing you with a copy of your class schedule;
- Referring you to other offices as needed.
Questions or Concerns? Contact us at email@example.com.