Career and Scholarship Center
The Career Tool Kit provides students with information on composing a résumé, authoring a cover letter, preparing for an interview, and other useful information pertaining to career development throughout, during, and after your college career.
Students have the option of downloading the entire Career Tool Kit or individual sections.
Files are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The Career Tool Kit
Section I: Building a Strong Résumé
- “Do’s and Dont’s”
- Résumé Sections
- Format and Language Choices
- Getting Started / Example Résumés
Section II: The Job Search
- Research Goals and Strategies
- Possible Methods for Finding a Position
Section III: The Application Process
- Practices and Protocol
- The Structure of a Cover Letter
- Interviewing / Preparing for an Interview
- Possible Interview Questions
- Following up after the interview
Section IV: Final Thoughts