Career and Scholarship Center
Welcome to The Career and Scholarship Center!
Caryl Watkins, Director
Division Of Student Affairs
Location: South Administration Bldg (1A), Room 105
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday - from 9am
to 5 pm
Thursday - from 9 am to 7:00 pm
The Career and Scholarship Center's mission statement is:
- To create a comprehensive career planning and placement center that uses current technology and information to teach students the skills necessary to achieve their career goals;
- To support and empower students and alumni in their career decision making, development of job search strategies, participation in experiential learning, and search for employment, fellowships and graduate study upon graduation;
- To promote faculty involvement through collaborative relationships, including classroom presentations, and assistance with students applications for fellowships and graduate school;
- To establish and foster relationships with employers and scholarship/fellowship organizations to facilitate the internship, professional employment, and application process.
- Alumni are encouraged to use the comprehensive services provided by the Career and Scholarship Center.
This semester, Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions will be offering a campus-wide opportunity for CSI students to take FREE practice GRE, LSAT, MCAT and GMAT tests, either administered live under simulated testing conditions or from anywhere online through Kaplan’s new Classroom Anywhere program.
Through our new partnership with Hispanic Educational Technology Services (HETS), College of Staten Island students now have access to various online resources for researching graduate programs and opportunities, and preparing for a range of graduate entrance exams, such as the GRE, MCAT, and LSAT. There are also test-prep materials available for several licensing exams, such as NCLEX. To take advantage of these services, click on the image or click here.
Use access code hets0313 when prompted.