|Career and Scholarship Center
Caryl Watkins, Director
Division Of Student Affairs
Location: South Administration Bldg (1A), Room 105
Career and Scholarship Center
The Center offers a full range of career planning and skill development programs to assist students in achieving their career goals.
- Individualized Career Planning – one- to-one consultation with our Career Specialists to determine student’s strengths and interests, fields of chosen study, and suitable job search plans utilizing a consultation model.
- Résumé and Cover Letter development – professional assistance in writing and editing résumés and cover letters.
- Internships - individualized advisement for students interested in securing paid, non-paid, or credit internships in their field of study.
- CUNY Service Corp – year long competitive paid internship opportunities for service projects in the areas of health, mental health, education, and business.
- Job Preparation and Professional Imaging Events such as Business Etiquette Lunch, Dressing for Career Success, Job Interview Strategies, Use of Social Networking.
- On Campus Recruitment – interview with recruiters from corporations, non-profit, and government agencies for a variety of professional positions.
- Job Fairs – real or virtual job recruitment events on campus.
- On Campus Networking Events – informational programs offering students the opportunity to “meet and greet” recruiters from different industries such as “Coffee and Careers Series”, “A Day in the Life” Employer Series, The Job Exchange, Speed Networking.
- Mentoring, Job Shadowing, Informational Interviewing – cultivate relationships with CSI Alumni who can assist students in gaining valuable experience about the “world of work”.
- Scholarship/Fellowship Advisement – consultation on award opportunities for students who qualify and assistance in the application process. The Career and Scholarship Center administers the CSI Scholarship Program, available to CSI students who meet the eligibility requirements.
- Graduate School Advisement – consultation through the competitive process of applying to PhD, MD, JD, and other graduate programs.
- Interview Coaching – in-person “practice” interviewing with helpful hints on successful interviewing and candidate presentation skills development for jobs, internships, special opportunity programs with constructive feedback offered by staff.
- Up- to-date Job Postings – access to listings of part time, full time jobs and internships through our online career planning program “Symplicity”
- Career planning resources – full complement of job search online and in-office resources including employment magazines, videos, “Career Tool Kit” and Symplicity’s Resume and Cover Letter Builder, Video Resume Builder, web based Mock Interviewing Module, and many more
- Co-Curricular Transcript – web based portfolio of student’s activities, awards, academic achievements that can be referenced on student’s professional résumé.