Career and Scholarship Center
The Career and Scholarship Center offers a full range of career planning and job search skill development to assist students in achieving the ultimate goal of full time employment in their respective fields of interest.
Effective career development and planning requires a commitment of time, effort, and perseverance. If you set your sights on achieving your ultimate goal of full-time employment or graduate school admission, preparation should begin in your first year and continue through to senior year, resulting in the realization of your professional goals. It may sound overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be.
The Career and Scholarship Center is ready and willing to make your career development planning a rewarding experience by helping you to build career and job search skills that will land you the job you always wanted or guarantee you that seat in graduate school.
The following is an overview of the services we provide:
- Individualized Career/Job Coaching – one to one consultation with our Career Specialists to determine student’s strengths and interests, field’s of chosen study, and suitable job search plans.
- Résumé and Cover Letter Development – professional assistance in writing and editing résumés and cover letters.
- Internships - assistance for students interested in securing paid, non paid, or credit internships in their field of study. Qualified students with demonstrated financial need can apply for the “Internship Stipend Program” and receive a stipend while completing a summer internship.
- Job Preparation and Professional Imaging Events such as Business Etiquette Lunch, Dressing for Career Success, Job Interview Strategies, Use of Social Networking.
- On Campus Recruitment – interview with recruiters from corporations, non-profit, and government agencies for a variety of professional positions.
- Job Fairs – real or virtual job recruitment events on campus targeted by major
- On Campus Networking Events – informational programs offering students the opportunity to “meet and greet” recruiters from different industries such as “Coffee and Careers Series”, “A Day in the Life” Employer Series, The Job Exchange.
- Mentoring, Job Shadowing, Informational Interviewing – cultivate relationships with CSI Alumni who can assist students in gaining valuable experience about the “world of work.”
- Scholarship/Fellowship Advisement – consultation on award opportunities for students who qualify and assistance in the application process. The Career and Scholarship Center administers the CSI Scholarship Program, available to CSI students who meet the eligibility requirements.
- Graduate School Advisement – consultation through the competitive process of applying to PhD, MD, JD, and other graduate programs
- Interview Coaching – in-person “practice” interviewing with helpful hints on successful interviewing for jobs, internships, special opportunity programs and constructive feedback offered by staff
- Up to date Job Postings – access to listings of part time, full time jobs and internships though our online career planning program “Optimal Resume”
- Career Planning Resources – full complement of job search online and in-office resources including employment magazines, videos, “Career Tool Kit” and Optimal Resume’s Resume and Cover Letter Builder, Video Resume Builder, web based Mock Interviewing Module, and many more
- Co-Curricular Transcript – web based portfolio of student’s activities, awards, academic achievements that can be referenced on student’s professional résumé.