Children currently attending the Center are given priority for the following
semesters. Children of students on our mailing
list will be registered at a lottery held prior to each semester on a space available
Upon acceptance, parents/guardians must submit the following documents:
- original birth certificate
- parent/guardian photo i.d.
- paid Bursar's receipt
- a copy of parent's/guardian's class schedule
- a new admission medical record and
immunization record from the child's physician
- two emergency contacts
- a food program form
- income documentation
- a signed contract with the Center
- a $20 non-refundable deposit
Child Care Scheduling Guidelines
- If you are registered for one class, you may register for up to 6 hours
per week of child care or the number of hours required for the class, whichever
- If you are registered for two classes, you may register for
up to 15 hours per week of child care or the number of
hours required for the class, whichever is greater.
- If you are registered for three or more classes you may register
for up to 25 hours per week of child care. If
your schedule exceeds 25 hours per week, you may register for the number
of hours of your actual schedule. For example, if you have 15 hours
of class time and 20 hours of work-study time during the week, you
may register for 35 hours of child care.
- In order to accommodate class schedules:
Daytime students may register for hours of child care before 4:00 p.m.
Evening students may register for hours of child care after 4:00 p.m.
Weekend students may register for Saturday hours. (pending enrollment)
- After the second week of the semester is completed, students may register
for additional child care hours on a space available basis.
Students interested in the Children's Center are asked to download and return
their completed Mailing
List Application form to the following address or drop it off
in person to:
The Children's Center
College of Staten Island/CUNY
2800 Victory Boulevard, 2R-104
Staten Island, NY 10314