Employee Self Service
Employee Self Service is a powerful new tool that allows CUNY faculty and staff the best opportunity to have the most accurate personal information. For the first time, CUNY staff can post and update information and work with Human Relations to keep records current. Employee Self Service is one the new HR tools in CUNYfirst that will help us manage the careers of those working for the City University of New York and its 23 colleges.
Town Hall Materials
What information can I change by myself?
- Home and work phone numbers
- Personal email addresses (CUNY/College email must remain the primary address
- Emergency Contacts
- Professional Memberships
What information can I change working with HR?
- Home Addresses (must be confirmed for payroll and benefits)
- Marital Status (must be confirmed with appropriate documentation)
- Name Change (must be confirmed with appropriate documentation)
- Social Security Number (must be confirmed)
- New or re-submitting I-9 (must be confirmed with appropriate documentation)
What information can I change with HR and my supervisor?
- New or advanced college degree (must be confirmed with appropriate documentation)
- Can apply for jobs posted on the Careers at CUNY website through CUNYfirst
We encourage all employees to periodically check back in their Employee Self Service pages to confirm all information is up-to-date and correct.