: Building 3S
Ph.D., Leningrad State University, Russia
Biography / Academic Interests
Dr. Lyublinskaya has taught at the university as well as the high school level for 25 years. She is a recipient of Radioshack/Tandy Prize for Teaching Excellence Mathematics, Science, and Computer Science, NSTA Distinguished Science Teaching Award and citation, Education’s Unsung Heroes Award for innovation in the classroom, and NSTA Vernier Technology Award.
Dr. Lyublinskaya’s professional interests include curriculum development and research in the area of integrating technology into mathematics and science education and pre-service and in-service professional development of mathematics and science teachers. She is an author of 14 books about teaching of mathematics and science, co-authored 3 chapters in books, and has published substantially in internationally recognized academic journals.
Dr. Lyublinskaya is an active member of several national professional organizations, such as National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators, Mathematical Association of America, Mathematical Association of America , Association for the Advancement in Computing Education/Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education , and National Science Teachers Association.
Scholarship / Publications
1. Lyublinskaya, I., Kerekes, J. (2011) Teaching Mathematics and Science in Elementary School: A Technology-Based Approach. Oceanside, NY: Whittier Publications, 363p.
2. Lyublinskaya, I., Ryzhik V., Armontrout, R. (2010) Calculus Explorations with Geometry Expressions. Tigard, OR: Saltire Software, Inc. 318p.
3. Lyublinskaya, I,. Ryzhik, V., Funsch, D. (2009) Developing Geometry Proofs with Geometry Expressions. Tigard, OR: Saltire Software, Inc. 297p.
4. Scher, D., Steketee, S., Kunkel, P., Lyublinskaya, I. (2004) Exploring Precalculus with The Geometer’s Sketchpad Version 4. Emeryville, CA: Key Curriculum Press. 216 p.
RECENT CHAPTERS AND ARTICLES
1. Lyublinskaya, I., Funsch, D. (2012) Geometry + Technology = Proof. The Mathematics Teacher, 105(6), 448-454
2. Lyublinskaya, I., Tournaki, E. (2011) The Effects of Teacher Content Authoring on TPACK and on Student Achievement in Algebra: Research on Instruction with the TI-Nspire Handheld. In R. Ronau, C. Rakes, & M. Niess (Eds.), Educational Technology, Teacher Knowledge, and Classroom Impact: A Research Handbook on Frameworks and Approaches. (pp. 295-322) Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
3. Lyublinskaya, I., Tournaki, E. (2011) The effects of the use of handheld devices on student achievement in algebra. Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching, 30(1), 5-35.