Political Science, Economics and Philosophy
: Building 2N
Ph.D. in Mathematics/Statistics, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, May 2003
Ph.D. in Economics from the Center of Economic Research and Graduate Education (CERGE) of Charles University in Prague, December 1999
Biography / Academic Interests
Before joining CSI, Dr. Vachadze worked at the Bielefeld Graduate School of Economics and Management (BiGSEM), where he did his post graduate studies in economics under the guidance of Professor Volker Bohm. Dr. Vachadze’s current research and teaching interests include international economics, finance, development, and growth.
Scholarship / Publications
PUBLICATIONS IN REFEREED JOURNALS
1. “Homoclinic and Heteroclinic Bifurcations in an Overlapping Generations Model with Credit Market Imperfection” (with A. Agliari), Computational Economics, 38 (2011), pp. 241–60.
2. “Endogenous Inequality of Nations through Financial Asset Market Integration” (with V. Bohm), Macroeconomic Dynamics, 14 (2010), pp. 285–310.
3. “Capital Accumulation with Tangible Assets” (with V. Bohm), Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 68 (2008), pp. 248–57.
4. “Asset Pricing and Productivity Growth: The Role of Consumption Scenarios” (with V. Bohm and T. Kikuchi), Computational Economics, 32 (2008), pp. 163–81.
5. “Recovery of Hidden Information from Stock Price Data: A Semiparametric Approach”, Journal of Economics and Finance, 25 (2001), pp. 258–74.
PUBLICATIONS IN CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
1. “Risk, Factor Substitution, and Asset Market Integration” (with V. Bohm and T. Kikuchi), in Dynamik Internationaler Markte, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliches Seminar Ottobeuren, Band 36, ed. by W. Franz, H. J. Ramser and M. Stadler, Mohr Siebeck, Tubingen (2007), pp. 49–69.
2. “A Short Horizon Model of Asset Pricing: Equilibrium Analysis”, in ISE Finance Award Series, Istanbul Stock Exchange (2000), pp. 1–32.