Advanced Imaging Facility
Reserve the Asylum MFP 3D BIO Atomic Force Microscope
Read the User Manual
- Low Noise Scan Head and XY Scanner
- 16µm Z range.
- Superluminescent diode with an 860nm wavelength yields a flat baseline in force curves and images, and avoids interfering with red fluorophores (Texas Red, Cy5).
- Closed loop operation. 90µm XY scan range.
- X&Y sensor noise <0.6nm average deviation (Adev) in a 0.1Hz-1kHz bandwidth and sensor non-linearity <0.5% (Adev/full travel) at full scan. Z sensor noise <0.3nm Adev in a 0.1 Hz-1 kHz BW and Z sensor non-linearity less than 0.2% (Adev/full travel) at full scan.
- Optical lever noise <0.03nm Adev in a 0.1Hz to 1kHz BW.
- Built-in nanolithography and nanomanipulation capabilities with MicroAngelo™.
- The MFP-3D-BIO mounts on an inverted Zeiss Axio Observer.A1 microscope. AFM flexibly combines with many optical techniques such as bright field, phase, epifluorescence,TIRF, FRET, confocal, etc.
- Accepts all high numerical objectives including those for TIRF.
- Dual positioners control alignment between the tip, the optics, and the sample.
- High resolution optical view allows easy positioning of the sample for AFM imaging.
- Laser safety interlock is available for TIRF, confocal and laser-trapping experiments.
- The Top View module uses a Plan APO 10x/NA 0.28 objective integrated in the scan head and enables viewing of opaque samples, and easy alignment of the beam on the cantilever.
- The phase contrast illumination module utilizes the same objective for use as a condenser lens.
Environmental Accessories for Dynamic Experiments:
- BioHeater heats samples to 80°C with an accuracy of 0.1°C
- Closed fluid cell with 10 ports allows imaging in a completely sealed environment.
- PolyHeater (non-liquid samples only) heats samples to 300°C with an accuracy of 0.3°C.
- User-friendly interface built on IGOR Pro integrates analysis, scripting and publication-quality graphics.
- Built-in, easy cantilever calibration by the thermal or Sader methods.
- Measure force curves at specified locations on your sample with a simple click of the mouse.
- Process images using auto-generated masks to eliminate artifacts.
- Add fit equations to section plots, histograms or any other data set.
- ARgyle™ software module (which comes standard), allows users to render images in advanced 3D mode, as stereo anaglyphs (3D glasses), or as overlays by combining separate channels of data into a single 3D image (ie. confocal data as color scale on a 3D AFM topography image).
- System includes computer with competitive specifications and dual-monitor 3D graphics card.