Department of Nursing
Bachelor of Science (BS)
(RN to BS in Nursing)
As a licensed Registered Professional Nurse, you will continue your professional education in our Bachelor of Science program.
This degree program is open to RNs who have completed an associate degree or diploma program.
You will broaden your studies in the liberal arts and sciences. You can choose to study full- or part-time as you focus your nursing education on health promotion, community health, critical care, leadership, and research.
BS graduates are prepared for leadership, management, and more independent nursing roles, thereby expanding their career opportunities.
The BS degree will be your bridge to new professional opportunities in the workplace and you will be paving the way for graduate study.
For further information, call (718) 982-3810 and speak to a faculty advisor or email Dr. Marie Giordano at firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for Admission to the RN to BS degree program in Nursing
- Applicants to the RN to BS completion program in Nursing must be graduates of a nursing program from a degree granting associate degree program or an accredited diploma-granting nursing school that prepares students for licensure as Registered Professional Nurses.
- Applicants should have a 2.5 cumulative grade point average and a 2.5 grade point average in all AAS nursing courses. Deadlines for applications to CSI and the Department of Nursing, including *supporting documentation, are April 1 for the Fall semester and November 1 for the Spring semester.
*Supporting Documentation for incoming students:
- All transcripts must be sent to the registrar.
- In addition to the registrar, the transcript from the degree granting nursing program must be brought to the nursing office, building 5S, room 213
- Your original current New York State license as a Registered Professional Nurse must be brought to the nursing office, building 5S, room 213. Although this is not required for admission, it is required for progression to the 400 level courses.
Please note that acceptance is contingent upon successful completion and graduation from an AAS or accredited diploma-granting nursing school.
Application for Admission into the RN to BS in Nursing