Governance & Policies
E-mail network access is for the exclusive
use of CSI students, faculty and staff.
- College of Staten
Island/CUNY cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are
private, confidential or free from legal considerations.
- Transmitting copyrighted software or other
copyrighted material on the network without authorization
- E-mail users will be responsible for e-mail
transmitted under their IDs.
- The use of the College e-mail network for
sending or storing messages, which are harassing, obscene
or fraudulent, is prohibited.
- Retrieving, diverting, or reading correspondence
addressed to others is prohibited.
- Willfully or maliciously degrading the
performance of the network is prohibited.
- All e-mail correspondence, which exceeds
the capacity of the mailbox, will be deleted without notice.
- All undeliverable e-mail will be removed
and purged by the E-mail System Administrator.
- E-mail software, the network, and all hardware
are subject to inspection without notice by authorized
employees, representatives, or agents of the College of Staten
- The CSI e-mail network requires monitoring
and periodic servicing by the E-mail System Administrator
and his/her representative. The administrator or representative
may need to shutdown the system for periodic maintenance and
system upgrades. During the troubleshooting of e-mail problems,
the administrator may be required to monitor e-mail activity.
- All unread e-mail messages older than 14
days will be both removed and purged from the e-mail system.