CUNY/City STEM Initiative
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES TO THIS INITIATIVE:
- Students must have an established minimum College of Staten Island GPA of 2.5. Students that do not have an established CSI GPA, including new students and those awaiting completion of their first term, will not be eligible to apply for a STEM Tuition Waiver;
- The funding for this initiative expires on June 30, 2017. Therefore, STEM waivers will only be available for the First Summer Session, the First Four-Week and First Eight-Week terms;
- STEM Waivers are not available through this initiative for any Second Four-Week Summer Session courses;
- Due to the limited funding remaining, waivers will be granted on a first come, first served basis.
- Eligible students must enroll in identified STEM courses and then submit an application during the specified submission period to be considered.
- Students will receive an email response to their application within 3-7 business days informing them if their application has been 1) Approved, 2) Denied due to Ineligibility, or 3) Denied due to Insufficient Funding/All Available Funding having been Allocated.
CUNY/City STEM Initiative: For qualifying students in associate degree programs, enroll in and complete any designated STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) course/s and receive a tuition waiver for that/those course/s. To promote credit accumulation in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) courses and help STEM students complete a sufficient number of credits each year without jeopardizing their future Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) eligibility, the City of New York and CUNY have provided funding to offer tuition waivers for identified STEM courses during the Summer and/or Winter intersessions for current CSI students that are matriculated in an associate degree program and are New York City residents.
Review the STEM Initiative FAQs to confirm your eligibility prior to submitting the required application. Please allow at least 3-7 business days after submitting the application to receive confirmation of your eligibility and, if eligible, for your tuition waiver to be applied directly to your tuition balance in CUNYFirst. If you are not eligible, then you will receive a response informing you of the reason/s. Lastly, please note that students are still responsible for any fees related to their bill.
The Final Day to Submit an Application for Summer Session One, First Four-Week and First Eight-Week Terms, is Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
The First Day of the First Summer Session Term is Monday, June 5, 2017.