Health & Wellness Services
NYS Mandatory Requirements
Proof of immunization to measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) is required for all students born on or after January 1, 1957 taking six or more credit hours prior to registering for classes. The Meningitis response section must be completed by all students taking six or more credit hours prior to registering for classes.
- The Health Center offers students free MMR vaccine. Call or come in for an appointment.
If I had a MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella immunization) in childhood do I have to get immunized again?
Measles, mumps, and rubella immunization given on or after your first birthday (measles on or after January 1, 1968, and mumps and rubella on or after January 1, 1969) are good for life. However, NYS law requires proof of two measles inoculations, so you may have to get another vaccination or submit positive titers.
Your immunization records can be obtained from the following sources:
- An official school immunization record.
Please note: If you are a recent NYC High School graduate and you applied through UAPC, your immunization record is automatically forwarded to the Health Center. All other students are responsible to contact the appropriate source and request a copy of the immunization record.
- An official childhood baby book immunization record.
- An official medical documented immunization record.
- Lab results that show positive immune blood titers.
Requesting a copy of CSI immunization records:
- Health records are confidential. Therefore, any requests for a copy must be made in writing.
- An Authorization for Release of Medical Information Form must be completed.
- You may compose a letter stating that you give the College of Staten Island permission to release your immunization and/or medical records. The letter must be signed and include a copy of your student identification card or picture I.D.
Can I mail my immunization records to the Health Center?
Yes, Please put "Attention: Health Center, 1C-112" on the envelope and keep a copy for your own records.