Health & Wellness Services
NY State of Health: The Official Health Plan Marketplace
NY State of Health is an organized marketplace designed to help people shop for and enroll in health insurance coverage. Individuals, families and small businesses can use the Marketplace to help them compare insurance options, calculate costs and select coverage online, in-person, over the phone or by mail.
The Marketplace helps people to check their eligibility for health care programs like Medicaid and sign up for these programs if they are eligible. The Marketplace also tells what type of financial assistance is available to applicants to help them afford health insurance purchased through the Marketplace.
Available by phone: 1-855-355-5777 or online
(Click on the icon below for more information):
The Health Center hosts on-site Health Insurance navigators who provide students with personal assistance throughout the application process.
Call the Health Center at 718.982.3045 for current schedule.
When meeting with a Health Insurance navigator, you will need to bring the following documentation:
(Bring at least one item listed per category)
- Proof of Identity/Date of Birth (birth certificate, adoption records, passport, naturalization certificate, legal resident card)
- Proof of New York State Residence (utility bill, letter from landlord, rent receipts, lease signed within 3 months, driver’s license issued within 3 months, postmarked envelope)
- Proof of Income (pay stubs from past month, letter from employer, all tax forms if self-employed)
- Social Security Card (or letter from Social Security office)
- Immigration Status (INS documentation)
- Proof of Resources (bank statements)
International Health Insurance
None of the insurance plans listed above are endorsed by CSI or Health & Wellness Services.
For information on International Health Insurance visit the Center for International Service.