Health & Wellness Services
- Episodic treatment for acute health problems
- First aid
- Tuberculin Skin Tests (PPD)
- Immunizations: MMR, Hepatitis B, HPV, Tetanus
- Blood Pressure checks; Vision screenings
- Rapid Confidential HIV Testing with results in 20 minutes. (Services provided by Community Health Action. Call 718-982-3045 for an appointment.)
- Immunization requirements
- Medical records
- Medical withdrawals
- Evaluation for temporary handicapped parking
Reproductive Health Services
- Pregnancy testing
- Emergency Contraception
- Birth control counseling
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) education and referral
Healthy Lifestyles and Prevention Services
- Consultations and referrals to outside agencies, physicians and clinics
- Peer Drop-in Center – health and wellness resource center for students; Peer Educators; professional staff available for consultation; health promotion campaigns, on and off-campus resource information
Health Center services are free.
However, off-campus labs, EKG, and referral costs are the student’s responsibility.
Staffing and services are partially supported by Student Activity Fees.