Office of Technology Systems
Media provides the following services:
Delivery of portable equipment to the classroom:
Equipment is scheduled for the entire class period. We pick up at end of class.
- VCR and Monitor
- DVD and Monitor
- Overhead Projector
- Slide Projector
Professors can pick up and return the following equipment at 1L-201:
- LCD Projector
- Cassette Recorder
- CD/Cassette Player
- Record Player
Use of the Media Collection:
- Videotapes and DVDs requested for a class are normally delivered and picked up with equipment.
- Professors can also borrow videotapes and DVDs for up to 1 week (dependent upon availability).
Please come to 1L-201 to peruse a hard copy catalog of our media collection or call Ext. 4040/41 to request a specific title. We can search a database of our collection as well as a database of other CUNY colleges. For assistance in searching for titles within your subject area, contact Stanley Zimmerman, Ext. 4042/4035.
Use of the Media Services Viewing Area:
Viewing Area hours are 9am-5pm , Monday through Friday.
- We have six VCRs and two DVD players that professors can use to preview or cue media.
- Students may review videos and DVDs they have seen in class.
- Professors may place videos and DVDs on reserve for their students (Contact Lillian Werner or Stanley Zimmerman, Ext 4035).
- Each VCR/DVD can accommodate 4 headphones.
For more info: http://www.library.csi.cuny.edu/~asanka/mediaservices/