Office of Technology Systems
Any voicemail (AUDIX) users that have forgotten their password, new users or those who have inherited a new extension should contact the Telecom HelpDesk at extension 2745. A HelpTrac ticket will be submitted and your password will be reset by the next business day. The next time you access AUDIX you will enter 1 for your password. You will then hear instructions to create a new password of 5 or more digits. Follow the instructions below:
To access AUDIX on campus dial extension 2600, off campus dial (718) 982-2600. When AUDIX is activated listen to the prompts.
1. Enter your extension and the # sign
2. Enter (1) for your default password and the # sign.
3. You will then hear instructions to create a new password of 5 or more digits.
4. If you hear prompts to record your name, do so if not proceed to step 5.
5. To record your name, press (5) when you hear the activity menu (you will not hear this option) then (5) again.
6. You will hear prompts to record your name only for the system greeting/announcement.
7. After recording your name you will hear the activity menu again.
Note: If you want to create/record and activate a greeting, choose option (3) in the activity menu (personal greeting). If you choose not to record a personal greeting, the system greeting, which is your recorded name will answer your voicemail.
Click to Enlarge or Print