Office of Information Technology Services
Wireless HOTSPOTS are designed to expand service to users with laptops or PDAs equipped for wireless networking. With HOTSPOTS , wirelessly connected computers have high-speed access to the internet and college Web Services. The campus wireless network is available to College of Staten Island students, faculty and staff.
Right now, HOTSPOTS are available in the following locations:
- 1A 1 st floor Atrium
- 1A 2nd floor lounge
- 1C 1st fl. Green Dolphin Lounge
- 1C 1st floor Dining Hall
- 1N 1st floor study lounge
- 1N 2nd floor offices and class rooms
- 1P 1st floor Atrium
- 1P-217 Student Lounge
- 1P-221 Student Lounge
- 1R Gym and Aux. Gym
- 1S, 2S, 3S, 4S, 5S and 6S Study Lounges and corridors
- 2A 1st floor Atrium
- 2A 2nd floor Lounge
- 2N 1St floor Study Lounge
- 2N 2nd floor Corridor
- 3N 1st floor Study Lounge
- 3N Rooms 217, 216, 215, 221, 222, 223 and corridor
- 4N 1st floor Study lounge
- 4N 2nd floor class rooms, offices and corridor
- 5N 2nd floor only
- Cyber Café
- Library 1st floor Reference Room
- Library 2nd floor Open Labs 212, 202 and 208
- Library 2nd floor Periodical Reading Room
- Library 3rd floor Sitting Areas
Please note that wireless access may extend beyond the designated HOTSPOTS .
To access the CSI Wireless Network we recommend that you configure your wireless device to use 802.1G service and to authenticate you will be required to enter your CSI user ID and password.
If you have any questions concerning your access to the wireless network or if you are unable to connect from a designated HOTSPOT please call the Helpdesk at extension: 3695.