The Verrazano School
The priority deadline for fall is February 1. Applications received or postmarked by that date will be reviewed first, and other applications will be reviewed on a space-available basis (typically through the end of April).
Who is eligible?
Students with high overall high school averages and high SAT scores are encouraged to apply. We look for students who demonstrate strong academic abilities and personal characteristics such as leadership, community service, creativity, talent, and enthusiasm.
Students applying to The Verrazano School must be baccalaureate-eligible and must be exempt from the CUNY Assessment Tests (though all students must take the math placement exam to determine their correct math placement).
The Fall 2015 Admission Profile for The Verrazano School is 90.9 college-calculated high school average and 1088 SAT (551 Critical Reading and 567 Mathematics).
How do I apply?
1. Apply for admission to CSI by completing a CUNY application online at www.cuny.edu/apply. We encourage you to indicate the College of Staten Island as your first choice. Only students admitted to CSI can be considered for Verrazano admission.
2. Submit the Verrazano Supplemental Application for Incoming Freshmen, two essays (topics on application materials, a resume, and two typed letters of recommendation, to The Verrazano School Office. Applications can be mailed or delivered in person. Applications must be typed, and for your convenience the Verrazano Supplemental Application PDF can be edited.
3. Students applying before the last business day of February are strongly encouraged to submit a CSI Scholarship application. Please note, the essay required for the CSI Scholarship application is identical to one of the essays required for the Verrazano application. Please submit your scholarship application to the Verrazano office; we will deliver scholarship applications to the Career and Scholarship Center.
- Students who are interested in The Verrazano School Honors Program and the Macaulay Honors College must submit applications to both.
- Applicants are responsible for checking the status of their application with The Verrazano School to determine whether or not letters of recommendation have been received and the application is complete.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718.982.4171 with any questions.