The Verrazano School
Who is eligible?
Students with high overall high school averages and high SAT scores are encouraged to apply.
We look for students who demonstrate strong academic abilities, and we also consider personal characteristics such as leadership, community service, creativity, talent, and enthusiasm that will contribute to The Verrazano School community.
The Fall 2014 Admission Profile for The Verrazano School is 90.39 college-calculated high school average and 1133 SAT (559 Critical Reading and 574 Mathematics) or a composite ACT score of 25.
How do I apply?
1. Apply for admission to CSI by completing a CUNY application online at www.cuny.edu/apply. We encourage you to indicate the College of Staten Island as your first choice on the CUNY application.
2. Submit the Verrazano Supplemental Application for Incoming Freshmen, including the personal statement and two typed letters of recommendation, to The Verrazano School Office. Applications can be mailed or delivered in person. Applications must be typed, and for your convenience the Verrazano Supplemental Application PDF can be edited.
The priority deadline for fall is February 1. Applications received or postmarked by that date will be reviewed first, and other applications will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
Verrazano applications are still being accepted for Fall 2014
- Students who apply to Macaulay Honors College and are also interested in The Verrazano School Honors Program must submit the Verrazano Supplemental Application in order to be considered for The Verrazano School.
- Applicants are responsible for checking the status of their application with The Verrazano School to determine whether or not letters of recommendation have been received and the application is complete.
- Students applying to The Verrazano School must be baccalaureate-eligible and must be exempt from the CUNY Assessment Tests.
Please e-mail email@example.com or call 718.982.4171 with any questions.