To protect the health and safety of our CSI community, current CUNY policy requires all students and instructors attending in person classes to be vaccinated, unless medically exempt. Moreover, students are required to get the booster shot once eligible. Masks are now optional.
The Office of Community Educational Engagement
within the Division of Economic Development, Continuing Studies & Government Relations
The Office of Community Educational Engagement (OCEE) is a central resource and bridge connecting the college and community. Our purpose is to prepare students to more fully participate and thrive in the 21st Century through academic programs, supportive learning communities, and collaborations across campus and within the community. The OCEE serves as a gateway into CSI for:
- Incoming English Language Learners by providing comprehensive advisement and academic preparation for success in credit-bearing courses,
- Staten Island residents with intellectual and developmental disabilities,
- Adults 21 and over seeking their high school equivalency diploma,
- Adults 55 and over seeking non-credit bearing programs for enrichment and lifelong learning, and
- Cross-campus collaborations for educational pipeline building in community.
As a key component of CSI’s anchor mission and strategic priority for borough stewardship, the Office is comprised of nationally recognized free and low cost pre-college programs, with pathways to college matriculation and success, as well as innovative non-credit bearing free and low cost models for enrichment and life-long learning. OCEE’s programs draw upon the College’s legacy and commitment to civic prosperity, as well as CUNY’s public purpose for educational access and excellence.