CSI is transitioning to distance learning, and to telecommuting for staff. As a result, the Adult Literacy & Language Program (ALLP) will be operating remotely during our regularly scheduled hours, which are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 8:30 am – 8:00pm, and Thursday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
For General Office needs, please email CLIP@csi.cuny.edu.
For Dean Derenzo, CLIP & ALLP Advisor, please contact 718-982-3986, or at email@example.com.
For Sonia Santoro, ALLP Advisor, please contact 718-982-3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are constantly monitoring all communications received via email and voicemail. All calls & emails will receive a response within one business day.
Thank you, and be well
The Adult Literacy and Language Program (ALLP), formerly referred to as the Adult Learning Center at CSI, offers flexible scheduling to adults who are:
- Developing their English language skills,
- Preparing for the New York State High School Equivalency test known as the TASC, formerly known as the GED,
- Seeking to take the TASC Test and obtain their High School Equivalency Diploma
This program manages the College of Staten Island High School Equivalency (HSE) Test Center, which offers the test in English or Spanish, and in paper-based and computer-based versions. HSE classes are offered in Math, English, Social Studies, and Science. ALLP also offers beginner and intermediate levels of English as a Second Language (ESL) classes. All of our students receive supportive advisement for college and career planning.
- Attend all classes based on individual need
- Attend College and Career workshops weekly
- Age: 21 and older for HSE students; 18 and older for ESL students
- Attend a program orientation;
- Take the TABE Reading and Math tests (HSE) or the BEST Plus placement tests (ESL).
How to Apply
- The application is closed until further notice
Applications for ESL and High School Equivalency classes are closed until further notice.