The 2020-2021 academic year registration form for the Creative Exchange & Life Skills virtual learning programs are open! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
CSI has transitioned to telecommuting for staff. As a result, the staff supporting the Creative Exchange & Life Skills programs will be operating remotely during our regularly scheduled hours, which are Monday – Friday; 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. We are constantly monitoring all communications received via email and voicemail.
Thank you, and be well
Established in 1975 exclusively at CSI, Creative Exchange serves adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a non-degree program with ongoing educational offerings. Creative Exchange also offers a more demanding non-degree program for Developmentally Disabled Adults called Life Skills. Through social and academic initiatives, we foster a unique environment for personal growth through a sharing of ideas and opinions, regardless of ability as part of CSI's legacy of place initiative.
- Must be 21 years old, or older
- Recognized by NYSOPWDD as having a Developmental Disability
- Motivated to participate independently
- Monday - Thursday, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Creative Exchange & Life Skills are generously sponsored by the New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene
- Other sponsors include the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities
How to Apply:
- Complete the Registration Form
- Student course selection preferred
- In addition to a completed Registration Form, students in Creative Exchange and Life Skills must email email@example.com with the following documents:
- Current Physical Exam within the past 12 months
- Recent Psychological Evaluation within the past 5 years
- For Life Skills applicants ONLY, students must also email the following documents at time of Registration.
- Current Level of Care Eligibility Determination Form (LCED)
- Copy of ISP/Life Plan either recommending continuing with the Life Skills Program or recommending entering the Life Skills Program.