CLIP will continue distance learning during the fall 2020 semester, and telecommuting for staff.
As a result, the CLIP program will be operating remotely during our regularly scheduled hours, which are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 8:30 am – 8:00pm, and Thursday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm. For Dean Derenzo, CLIP Advisor, please contact 718-982-3986, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are constantly monitoring all communications received via email and voicemail. All calls & emails will receive a response within one business day.
Thank you, and be well
The CUNY Language Immersion Program (CLIP) offers non-native English speaking students who have been admitted to a City University of New York (CUNY) college the opportunity to spend more time improving their English language knowledge in an academic setting before formally enrolling in credit bearing courses. Students in the CLIP Program acquire the reading, writing and oral communication skills necessary to be successful at CUNY. The Program’s instructional philosophy reflects a holistic approach to language development in the context of academic preparation. This includes classwork, research projects, computer-assisted learning, orientation to college and tutoring.
Student Expectations & Requirements
- CLIP is for motivated students, who can commit to attendance & participation
- Be admitted to any CUNY
- Take the CUNY Assessment test in writing and reading, and receive a score of 55 or below in either test.
Spring & Fall semester:
- 16 weeks of instruction;
- Monday-Friday, 8:45am-2:15pm
- 6 weeks of instruction
- Monday-Thursday, 8:45am-2:15 pm.
Students who register for CLIP will defer their use of Financial Aid and put themselves in a better position to earn a degree once they are enrolled in credit classes.
16 week semester:
- NYC residents $180
- Non-residents $450
- Public Assistance and SEEK/CD students $45
6 week semester:
- NYC residents $75
- Non-residents $180
- Public Assistance and SEEK/CD students $18
How to Apply:
- Schedule an appointment with a CLIP staff member to fill out an application, and take the CLIP in person test in reading and writing.