Options is back!
Remote registration for a distance learning program during the fall 2020 semester is open! Please see our new catalog and registration process below.
To help transition our members to distance learning, we are offering a condenced schedule this fall with some new courses. Options members will need access to wifi and devices, preferably with a camera in order to participate.
CSI staff continues to work remotely during our regularly scheduled hours, which are Monday – Friday; 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. We are constantly monitoring all communications received via email and voicemail. All calls & emails will receive a response within one business day. Thank you, and be well
OPTIONS PROGRAM FOR MATURE LEARNERS
Options is a supportive community and non-degree program for personal enrichment and lifelong learning for members over the age of 55. Exclusively available at CSI, Options is a local, low-cost way to stay active, form meaningful relationships, and thrive in a dynamic environment on a college campus!
- Unlike traditional college courses, there are no exams, no take-home assignments, and no pathways to a degree.
- During in person instruction, parking is FREE for all Options students and instructors. Please complete and bring this FORM to Parking Services in building 3A room 106. Students and instructors are encouraged to park in our Visitor Parking Lot (Lot 6), which generally has the most availability on campus. For free roundtrip van services from Lot 6, between classes, and to and from events, please call 718.982.3220 between 9:00am – 5:00pm. Please provide the van between 5 – 10 minutes to arrive, and bring you to your destination.
- During in person instruction, we invite all of our students and instructors to explore the many enrichment opportunities our campus has to offer, like:
- Must be over the age of 55
- Fall Semester: October – December
- Spring Semester: March - May
- Days of the week & times of day for classes vary
- $99 per semester
- We are grateful for the continued commitment of our members. This is a historic pilot at an unprecedented time. Classes may be cancelled as a result of insufficient enrollment. In the event that a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, tuition will be refunded.
- Since staff continue to telecommute, the Options program will collect fall 20’ tuition payments via credit card, debit card, and through check routing information, through this PORTAL only. Please do not mail in checks
- Once the semester starts on October 13, 2020, tuition is non-refundable
- You will need your CSI Student ID in order to submit tuition through the Portal. After you register, your CSI ID will be provided to you shortly before the semester starts. Registration directions are below.
How to apply:
- View this semester’s Catalogue with our course offerings
- Please register remotely with an email to email@example.com with your:
- Contact Info: Name, Cell Phone and Email
- Date of Birth
- How you heard about us?
- Course selection for the fall 20’ semester