Options is back!
Remote registration for a distance learning program during the spring 2021 semester is open! Please see our new catalog and registration process below.
Options members will need access to wifi and devices, preferably with a camera in order to participate.
CSI staff continues to work remotely during our regularly scheduled hours, which are Monday – Friday; 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. We are constantly monitoring all communications received via email and voicemail. All calls & emails will receive a response within one business day. Thank you, and be well
OPTIONS PROGRAM FOR MATURE LEARNERS
Options is a supportive community and non-degree program for personal enrichment and lifelong learning for members over the age of 55. Exclusively available at the College of Staten Island, Options is a local, low-cost way to stay active, form meaningful relationships, and thrive in a dynamic environment!
- Unlike traditional college courses, there are no exams, no take-home assignments, and no pathways to a degree.
- Options is a unique alternative for seniors seeking to audit college classes.
- Must be over the age of 55
- Fall Semester: October – December
- Spring Semester: January - May
- Days of the week & times of day for classes vary
- $99 per semester
- We are grateful for the continued commitment of our members. This year is historic and unprecedented. Classes may be cancelled as a result of insufficient enrollment.
- Since staff continue to telecommute, the Options program will collect spr. 2021 tuition payments via credit card, debit card, and through check routing information, through this PORTAL only. Please do not mail in checks
- Once the semester starts on January 25, 2021, tuition is non-refundable
- You will need your CSI Student ID in order to submit tuition through the Portal. After you register, your CSI ID will be provided to you shortly before the semester starts. Registration directions are below.
How to apply:
- View this semester’s Catalogue with our course offerings
- Please register remotely with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your:
- Contact Info: Name, Cell Phone and Email
- Date of Birth
- How you heard about us?
- Course selection for the spring 2021 semester
If you are a new student in the Options Program, or have never completed a Photo & Video Release Form, please CLICK HERE to complete the form.
The Options Program for Mature Learners Fund
The Options Program for Mature Learners Fund awards tuition assistance scholarships for up to $99 for Options students experiencing financial hardship. Scholarship funds will go towards the cost of participation in the program.
In order to apply for the Options Scholarship, please email email@example.com with the following:
- Number of members in the household:____
- Gender: _____
- Race & Ethnicity: ______
- What is the total scholarship dollar amount you are applying for? (Cannot exceed $99):____
- Why are you applying for the Options Scholarship? (no more than 2 paragraphs):