I. PEOPLE - This section contains the following information. Visit here for details
- Distancing and Masks
- Limit Occupancy and Congestion
- Reconfigure Floorplans
- Selected Diagrams for Reconfiguring Spaces
Gatherings in Enclosed Spaces
- General Guidance for Enclosed Spaces
- Cafeterias/Dining Halls
- Computer Labs
- Conference Rooms
- Dorms/Housing (for residential campuses)
- Exterior Campus Grounds
- Gyms and Fitness Centers, Including Pools
- Hallways and Stairwells
- Lobby and Common Areas
- Office Space
- Operational Considerations Involving Staff Scheduling and HR
- Operational Considerations for Grading Policies and Academic Support
- Operational Considerations Involving Course Scheduling
- Operational Considerations Involving Individuals on Campus
- Operational Considerations for Vulnerable Populations
- Operational Considerations for Mental Health and Welfare
- Operational Considerations for Student Life
- Operational Considerations for Technology
- Operational Considerations for License Use of Campus Facilities
- Operational Considerations for Reclosing in the Event of an Outbreak
Campus Deliveries and Drop-Off
PLACES: This section contains the following information. Visit here for details
- Protective Equipment
- Hygiene, Cleaning and Disinfection
- Staged Reopening
- Communications Plan
PROCESSES: This section contains the following information. Visit here for details
Screening and Testing
- External Rentals
- Returning to Campus
Tracing and Tracking
- Isolate and Transport Those Who are Sick
- Notify Health Officials and Close Contacts
- Tracing and Enhanced Cleaning
- Student Protocols
- Employee Protocols
1. ACE: American Council on Education, “Recovery 2020: Key Questions and Principles for
Campus Leaders,” May 15, 2020.
2. ACHA: American College Health Association, “Considerations for Reopening Institutions
of Higher Education in the COVID-19 Era,” May 7, 2020.
3. AECOM: AECOM, “Return to Service: Higher Education.”
4. AFT: American Federation of Teachers, “A Plan to Safely Reopen America’s Schools and Communities.”
5. AIHA: American Industrial Hygiene Association, “Reopening: Guidance for General Office Settings,” May 26, 2020.
6. AZ DOE: Arizona Department of Education, “Roadmap for Reopening Schools,” June
7. Back to BU: Boston University, “Back2BU: Phase I Re-entry.”
8. Best Practices for Fall Sports: Best Practices for Fall Sports, CUNY Working Draft.
9. CDC: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Considerations for Institutes of
Higher Education,” May 30, 2020.
10. CDC Workplace: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Workplaces During the
11. CICU Report: The Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities in New York, “Creating Safe and Resilient Campuses: Suggestions for Reopening and Reimagining Colleges and Universities in New York.”
12. CT Higher Ed: Connecticut, “Report of the Higher Education Subcommittee Reopen Connecticut,” May 8, 2020.
13. CT Roadmap: Connecticut, “Roadmap for Reopening Connecticut from Governor
Lamont,” May 26, 2020.
14. CUNY Areas: CUNY, “Areas Requiring CUNY Guidelines for Reopening,” June 2, 2020.
15. CUNY NYS DOC: CUNY’s response to NYS State Agencies and Authorities Safety Plan
Template: Procedures by Operation, May 15, 2020.
16. CUNY Task Force Recommendations: CUNY Task Force, “Coronavirus Recommendations,” May 25, 2020.
17. CUNY Task Force Worksheet: CUNY Task Force, “COVID-19 Response Guidance Task
Force Worksheet,” May 2020.
18. CUNY’s Coronavirus Planning Task Force: Open Campus Task Force, “CUNY COVID-19 Reentry Task Force Draft Report,” June 1, 2020.
19. DOH Executive Order: NYS Department of Health, “Interim Guidance on Executive Order
202.16 Requiring Face Coverings for Public and Private Employees Interacting with the Public During the COVID-19 Outbreak,” April 14, 2020.
20. EAB: EAB, “Support Your Campus Through the Coronavirus Crisis,”
21. Gartner Guide: Gartner, “Tool: Guide to Preparing Your Office for the Return of
Employees After COVID-19.”
22. Gartner Playbook: Gartner, “How to Build a Reopening the Workplace Playbook.”
23. JLL: JLL, “Reopen: A Guide for Planning and Preparing Your Campus.”
24. Johns Hopkins: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, “Public Health Principles for a Phased Reopening During COVID-19: Guidance for Governors,” April 17, 2020.
25. McKinsey: McKinsey, “10 Considerations for Higher Education Reopening,” May 2020.
26. NY Forward: NY Forward, “A Guide to Reopening New York and Building Back Better,”
27. NYS Safety Plan Template: New York State Department of Health, “NY Forward Safety Plan Template.”
28. NYS Interim Guide: New York State, “Interim Guidance for State Agencies and
Authorities During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency,” May 15, 2020.
29. NYSED: New York State Education Department, “Distance Education Flexibility Fall 2020 Semester,” May 20, 2020.
30. NYSED FAQ: New York State Education Department, “Frequently Asked Questions: NYS Colleges and Universities Impacted by the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency,” May 12, 2020.
31. NYU: New York University, “NYU Research Reconstitution Plan,” June 1, 2020.
32. OSHA: US Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration,
“Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19.”
33. Perkins + Will: Perkins & Will, “Road Map for Return: Guidance for a return to the office
34. Princeton: Princeton University, “Plan for Phased Resumption of On-Campus Research,”
May 28, 2020.
35. Steelcase: Steelcase, “Social Distancing in Education,” April 17, 2020.
36. Tiger Team Report: George Mason University, “Patriot Tiger Team Report on Fall 2020 Options,” May 8, 2020.
37. TN Pledge: Tennessee Pledge, “Higher Education.”
38. UHLS: Upper Hudson Library System, “UHLS Coordinated Reopening Committee Recommendations,” May 15, 2020.
39. USC: University of Southern California, “Guiding Principles for the Restart of On-Campus Classroom Instruction.”
40. WHO: World Health Organization, “Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Report – 46,” March 6, 2020.
41. NYS Interim Guidance - Higher Ed: NYSDOH, “Interim Guidance for Higher Education
During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency,” June 20, 2020.
42. Reopening New York - Office: NYS, “Reopening New York: Office-Based Work guidelines
for Employers and Employees.”
43. CUNY NYS DOC V2: Version 2 of CUNY’s response to NYS State Agencies and Authorities
Safety Plan Template: Procedures by Operation.
44. NYS Summary Guidance - Higher Ed: NYS, “Reopening New York: Higher Education Guidelines.”
45. NYS Checklist - Higher Ed: NYS, “Reopening New York: Checklist for Higher Education Institution Reopening Plans.”