With reopening for staff scheduled for Monday, August 16, and in response to ongoing developments and governing mandates, please note the following:
As the Chancellor announced, CSI is enacting a new temporary mask mandate that will be in effect as of Monday, August 16th. Everyone on campus, regardless of vaccination status, must:
- Wear a face mask inside all CUNY campus and office buildings, this includes while working in a non-enclosed space such as a cubicle or other open seating, regardless of physical distance from others,.and
- Wear a mask outdoors on campus when unable to maintain six feet of distance such as at a sporting event or other types of gatherings.
- Visitors to a CSI campus or building must provide proof that they are vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken 7 days prior to the visit.
- Employees should only be using card access systems, Everbridge VaxPass for vaccinated employees, or the Green Pass from Cleared4 for negative tested employees to indicate their approval to access CSI campuses and offices.
- This extension of the Everbridge Symptom Health Checker for visitors is only intended to last a short time and to facilitate the transition process.
- Additionally, please note that the current Everbridge Symptom Health Checker will be in effect to also allow employees of DASNY, NYPA, CUNY vendors, their contractors, subcontractors, and their auxiliary employees to enter our campuses, until such time the new Cleared4 application is ready to be utilized.
Vaccination Mandate for Student-Athletes
- As recently announced by the Chancellor, EUA-authorized COVID-19 vaccines are now required for all student-athletes prior to being permitted to participate in any CUNY athletic activity, and regardless of FDA approval. Student-athletes may receive a CUNY-approved exemption for medical or religious reasons but must then follow our COVID-19 testing protocols and or other related requirements.
- All students participating in regular, post season, or tournament intercollegiate, intramural, or club athletic competition will be required to be vaccinated.
- CSI will be using the Everbridge VaxPass system for a short period of time prior to migrating to the Cleared4 Vaccine Pass solution. This Everbridge Vaccination Pass (VaxPass) launched for all CUNY employees on August 12th and will launch for all CUNY Students on August 18. It can be used by CUNY employees and students who have provided proof of vaccination using the Vaccine Verification Registration Form in CUNYfirst and who have been verified by the Human Resources office (for employees) or Location Vaccine Authority (LVA) (for students) as having been vaccinated.
- The VaxPass was designed as an additional way to speed entry into CUNY campuses and offices. The VaxPass will show the following information on a smartphone: “CUNY Vaccine Pass Approval Confirmation” message; Expiration Date (currently set at 12/31/2021); First and Last Name; and Date the VaxPass was created.
- A simple one-time VaxPass setup guide is available at VaxPass User Setup Guide. Any technical issues in setting up the Everbridge VaxPass should be referred to the college Help Desk.
- Please be sure to also communicate this important information to your campus stakeholders.
Accessing the CSI Campus
- CSI Public Safety will have both the main gate and D-gate (Forest Hill Road) open to pedestrian and vehicular traffic. During peak hours vehicles accessing the campus via Victory Boulevard will be directed to continue passed the main gate booth to the 3-way intersection to present their clearance pass to access the campus. Pedestrians walking on to the campus will present their pass to the officer at the walkway entrance. During off-peak hours this process will take place at the main gate booth. The D-gate will be open Monday-Friday from 7:30am – 6:00pm, individuals entering from this gate will present their clearance pass prior to entry.
- During the testing sites’ hours of operation, those who require a test will be directed to the site location in the 1P building Art Gallery, short-term parking for testing is available in front of the building.
- The Ferry Shuttle will continue its route from the Ferry Terminal to the campus. It will proceed directly to the front of the 1P building, where the verification of the clearance pass, testing appointments, and walk-in testing of individuals who are disembarking the bus will take place. The Loop Bus will pick-up just inside the main gate at the bus shelter. This bus will also proceed directly to the 1P building where all passengers will disembark and present their clearance pass.
- Upon the opening of the Saint George site, the clearance pass verification will take place at the reception desk. If COVID testing is required, individuals will need to complete the testing process at the 1P testing site (located in the Art Gallery) or at another CUNY facility that is open for COVID testing.