Workshop on Creating a Poster for the Undergraduate Conference on Research, Scholarship and Performance
Please check back soon for updates
Are you presenting at the Undergraduate Conference on Research, Scholarship and Performance? Do you need to make a poster and don’t know where to begin? Gone are the days of oak tag and glitter glue! We’re going to ramp up your presentation skills!
Join Cheryl Craddock, Associate Director of the Verrazano Honors Program and Fausto Canela, Academic Technology Specialist with the Faculty Center for Professional Development, to learn about the following:
- What’s the point of a poster?
- How is a poster different from a presentation or a paper?
- What to include on your poster
- How to use PowerPoint to create your poster.
- Tips and tricks for organizing information, images, and data
- Choosing fonts and font size
- What to expect on the day of the conference (how to talk to strangers!)
We will be working with students in ALL majors.
We will be in a computer lab, so if you have completed any written work for your research thus far, please bring it so you can start drafting your poster. We will stick around to provide guidance!
Seating is limited. You must RSVP .