Open menu button Close menu button


Additional Navigation

MS Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist

Q: Is this program online?

A: The program is in-person with some online courses.

Back to FAQ

Q: How often do I have to come to the campus?

A: Courses are offered so that the student can take the required courses one evening a week.

Back to FAQ

Q: How long will it take me to complete the program?

A: That depends on you, but most students finish within a three year time frame.

Back to FAQ

Q: How many clinical hours will I need for the Master of Science Degree?

A: The Nurse Practitioner program will soon require 600 clinical hours done over three semesters

The Clinical Nurse Specialist program requires 500 clinical hours

Back to FAQ

Q: Are summer classes offered?

A: Yes. Some courses are offered in the summer, and there are also some courses offered over the winter break.

Back to FAQ

Q: Can I transfer credits?

A: Select courses can be transferred in, if they have been taken within 5 years. Every application is evaluated individually by the Admissions Committee. For courses to be considered for transfer, you must complete the transfer form that is available through the Graduate Studies Office and submit the course syllabus. 

Back to FAQ

Q: What if I have a Master’s degree in Nursing from another college and want to become an Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner?

A: Your transcript and course work will be evaluated for entry into the Post-Masters certificate program. Upon completion you will receive a certificate. More information about the Post Masters Certificate program can be found  at Graduate Programs and Requirements

Back to FAQ

Q: How much does the program cost?

A: You can find all of the financial information on – Tuition and Fees

Back to FAQ

Q:  What are the admission requirements?

A: Admissions requirements can be found at Graduate Programs and Requirements

Back to FAQ