School of Education Teachers’ Society
"Teaching: The profession that creates all other professions."
The objective of the School of Education Teachers’ Society is to promote interest in and knowledge about the teaching profession among students through fun social activities and excursions with peers, faculty, and community professionals. The club is an opportunity for students to explore their future career path through interactive social events, workshops, speaker presentations, fundraisers, and whatever activities club members decide upon. Club membership is comprised of undergraduate and graduate education majors, as well as any student enrolled at the College of Staten Island.
Benefits of Teacher’s Society Involvement:
- Widen your network of friends who are also entering the education profession
- Expand your current knowledge about the career opportunities in the field of education
- Build your own leadership skills
- Discover strategies for applying and interviewing for teaching positions
- Hear from peers who are in the classroom setting and learn helpful classroom tips that essential to your development of becoming a qualified educator
- Learn about new licensing requirements such as the New York State Teacher Certification exams and edTPA requirements
Ways to be involved in the School of Education Teacher’s Society:
- Stay updated by signing up for emails.
- Connect with us on Facebook and Instagram: TheTeachersSociety.
- Become an official club member.
Staten Island Reading Association
The Staten Island Reading Association is a nonprofit organization chartered by the International Reading Association and a local council of the New York State Reading Association. For more information download the brochure at the bottom of the page.
- To stimulate and encourage the professional growth of literacy educators
- To advocate for the literacy needs of children, adults, families and literacy educators
- To encourage networking and an exchange of information within our community, other professionals and their organizations
- To inform our membership and the public about SIRA activities
- Membership is open to all persons engaged in education at any school, district or cultural institution, to parents, and to all others interested in the purpose of the Association.
- Members of the Staten Island Reading Association automatically obtain membership in the New York State Reading Association (NYSRA) and will receive notification of all NYSRA scheduled events as well as all NYSRA subscriptions.
- Free student membership in both the SIRA and the NYSRA is open to all full-time college students.
- All members are encouraged to join the International Reading Association, of which this Association is chartered.