Deadline: We are accepting applications for Fall 2020 admissions through April 30. Because we are telecommuting during the Covid-19 outbreak, please email all materials to us at Cynthia.Palumbo2@csi.cuny.edu.
Eligibility: Students with high overall high school averages and SAT scores, and who demonstrate strong academic abilities and personal characteristics such as leadership, community service, creativity, talent, and enthusiasm, are encouraged to apply. Students must demonstrate CUNY proficiency in reading, writing, and math.
Apply: You must first apply for admission to CSI using the CUNY or Common Application. You will need the CUNYfirst ID* generated by that application to submit the following Verrazano Honors-specific materials:
1. Submit the Verrazano Supplemental Application for Incoming Freshmen.
2. Submit one essay (no more than 700 words) on a topic of your choice, a resume, your high school transcipt and two typed letters of recommendation to The Verrazano School office. These must be typed. Applications should be emailed as attachments to Cynthia.Palumbo2@csi.cuny.edu.
Note: if you are also applying to Macaulay Honors at CSI, we will get the letters of recommendation from your Macaulay application. You must still submit the Verrazano essay, your resume, and your high school transcript.
*The CUNYfirst ID number (an 8 digit number) is assigned after you submit the CUNY or Common Application. You will receive information about claiming your CUNYfirst account, and the number will be found at the top of your self service screen when you log-in to the CUNYfirst Student Center.
Apply for Scholarships: Students are strongly encouraged to submit a CSI Scholarship application. Applications are due to the Scholarship Office by 5 pm February 28, 2020 (but visit their website for updates).
Attend Welcome Event: NOTE: It is likely this event will not occur this year because of concerns surrounding the corona virus. We will keep students updated.
Deadline: Because of challenges resulting to the College closure because of the Coronoa Virus, we are extending our deadline until June 15 for fall admission. There is no spring admission period. Review of applications begins after spring grades post.
Eligibility: Current CSI or transfer students with high cumulative GPAs (Fall 2019 profile was a 3.7 GPA) and who demonstrate strong academic abilities and characteristics such as leadership, community service, campus involvement, creativity, talent, and enthusiasm, are encouraged to apply. You must also meet the following criteria:
- Full-time enrollment in a baccalaureate program at CSI
- 3.0 GPA at CSI or other accredited university of college
- Passed or exempt from all three CUNY Assessment Tests
- Have completed at least 12 and no more than 36 credits by the end of the spring term of application or have at least two full academic years of undergraduate study remaining. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your eligibility.
Online Application: Verrazano Supplemental Application for Current CSI Students and Transfer Students.