November 2017 - A group from Liverpool John Moores University, United Kingdom
A group of four faculty and staff from Liverpool John Moores University visited CSI. They are interested in developing a new partnership between the two institutions to include student and faculty exchange. The guests are:
Alastair Balchin, Associate Dean, Global Engagement, Liverpool Business School;
Dr. Alice Ferrebe, Associate Dean, Global Engagement, Faculty of Arts Professional and Social Studies;
Dr. Laura Bishop, Associate Dean, Faculty of Science, School of Natural Sciences and Psychology and
Ms. Guro Buchanan, Study Abroad Officer, International Relations.
November 2017 - A Visit of Ambassador María Teresa Merino Villarán de Hart, the Consul General of Peru in New York City
Ambassador María Teresa Merino Villarán de Hart, the Consul General of Peru in New York City, paid a visit to the College of Staten Island’s Willowbrook campus on November 1. The Ambassador’s visit culminated with a keynote presentation titled “Advantages and Challenges of Diplomatic Life” at the Annual Induction Ceremony of the CSI Eta Lambda Chapter and her honorary induction into the organization. The Ambassador was joined by Carolina Portugal, the Deputy Consul of Peru in New York.
A video report on the visit is available on the Center for Global Engagement’s YouTube page.
October - 2017 Shanghai University Business Study Tour (SHUMBA) at the College of Staten Island
A group of eight MBA students from Shanghai University in China visited the newly established CSI Tech Incubator, last week, and they received a warm welcome from Dr. Stephen Ferst, Executive Director, and Winnie Brophy, Special Program Coordinator, Center for Global Engagement... more
July - Summer Business Study Tour 2017: Zhejiang University of Technology, Zhejiang, China
A group of 25 undergraduate students from Zhejiang University of Technology, Zhejiang, China visited the College of Staten Island over the summer. The 25 guests was participating a week-long Business Study Tour in New York city. Their visit to the U.S. is a combination of tourism and professional visits to companies in New York City, as well as to attend meetings, learn about local commerce and society in New York City with the College of Staten Island faculty and staff. None of them have been to the U.S. before, so they would benefit from learning about American culture and business.
September - Delegation from Tianjin University of Technology and Education, China
A delegation from Tianjin University of Technology and Education, China visited CSI in September. The purpose of their visit was to learn about college’s technology resources, creative teaching methodology, teacher training, and teacher development. They met with Dr. Stephen Ferst, Executive Director, Center for Global Engagement,
Dr. Kenneth Gold, Dean, School of Education and Dr. Michael Anderson, Director of Academic Assessment co-Director, Faculty Center for Professional Development
2015, 2014 and 2013
- Aisin AW Company Visit, October 2015
- Visit of Copenhagen Business Academy, February 2015
- Chinese University Leaders from Jiangsu Province January, 2015
- Delegation of Leaders from the Ministry of Commerce in China, January 2015
- International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP), sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, is a premier professional exchange program. The visit included 19 emerging educational leaders from around the world. Find out more about the visit with CSI Today or The Banner.
- EducationUSA international advisors (co-sponsor)
- Delegation from Shanghai Gezhi High School, China, November 2014
- Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges Ministry of Education, China, December 2014
- Kakehashi Project CSI visit – March and November, 2014
- Aisin AW Company visit - October 23, 2014 Read about the 2014 visit!
- Delegation from Shaoxing University, China, May 2014
- St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Visit of Bahcesehir University, May 2013