Accessing the Virtual Computer Labs
What are Virtual Labs and What Software Do They Have?
Virtual Labs are physical labs on campus to which you can remotely connect to access a variety of software. You can connect through a Windows or Mac computer, iPad, or Chromebook. Virtual labs consist of General labs and Specialized labs:
General Labs: General labs are available to all CSI students who are registered for the current semester.
- Availability and Software: The General labs are available 7 days a week with the exception of the following times: every night, from 12:00am (Midnight) to 3:00am, due to maintenance purposes.
Specialized Labs: Specialized labs include course-specific software.
- Availability and Software: The Specialized Labs are available 7 days a week, EXCEPT when there is a class in session. It is also unavailable every night, from 12:00am (Midnight) to 3:00am, due to maintenance purposes.
Use of the CSI Virtual Labs are for academic purposes only. By using the computers in the CSI Virtual Labs, you agree to comply with the CUNY Computer Use Policy.
How to Connect to A Virtual Computer?
This involves the following steps:
- Downloading and connecting to the GlobalProtect VPN, which is necessary to connect to CSI’s network.
- Downloading and installing RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) which will allow you to remotely use one of the available computers in a CSI computer lab.
- Choosing a machine to connect to in a lab
Please follow the instructions that pertain to your device.
- Windows Documentation (ADA compliant version of document)
- Windows Documentation with Screenshots
- Mac Documentation (ADA compliant version of document)
- Mac Documentation with Screenshots
- iPad/iPhone Documentation (ADA compliant version of document)
- iPad/iPhone Documentation with Screenshots
- Chromebook Documentation (ADA compliant version of document)
- Chromebook Documentation with Screenshots
Video tutorials are also provided: