Information Technology Health Check
As coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to make national headlines, proactive preparation is essential in order to ensure your technology needs conform to contingency planning scenarios. If you are considering the implementation of online/remote working practices, we are here to help you! We have compiled the following training resources and important links to assist you.
- Individuals who currently have external VPN access, please confirm you are able to login and you have access to directories and applications in order to work remotely. Please contact the helpdesk at HelpDesk@csi.cuny.edu or 718-992-HELP for further assistance.
- All faculty have an account on Blackboard along with your course shell. You should take this opportunity to confirm your login as well as review any documentation in order to post lesson content. Instructional material on how to use Blackboard can be found on CUNY’s website
Virtual Web Conferences
- Blackboard has the ability to facilitate webinars through Blackboard Collaborate. This can be used to conduct meetings or conduct classroom activities virtually. Information regarding in-person and online training can be found on our Training website.
- If you need to access files remotely, take advantage of our cloud applications (Office 365/OneDrive and DropBox) where you can upload and share files. Information regarding in-person and online training can be found on our Training website
- CSI provides students with access to important resources and support that enables them to flourish in their studies and benefit from education opportunities beyond the classroom. In order to help our students locate these online resources, Information Technology compiled a list of the most useful links that offer exactly what you need for achieving success at CSI.
Check your login
- If you are not able to login to services or applications, please be sure to reset your FLAS/SLAS password. Faculty can register to reset their computer and email passwords by accessing the FLAS reset website. Students can register to reset their computer and email passwords by accessing the SLAS reset website.