Center for Career and Professional Development
Welcome to The Center for Career and Professional Development!
Caryl Watkins, Director
Division of Student and Enrollment Services
Location: South Administration Bldg (1A), Room 105
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday - from 9am
to 5 pm
Thursday - from 9 am to 7:00 pm
Center for Career and Professional Development's mission statement is:
- To create a comprehensive career planning and placement center that uses current technology and information to teach students the skills necessary to achieve their career goals;
- To support and empower students and alumni in their career decision making, development of job search strategies, participation in experiential learning, and search for employment;
- To promote faculty involvement through collaborative relationships, including classroom presentations, and assistance with students applications;
- To establish and foster relationships with employers to facilitate the internship, professional employment, and application process.
- Alumni are encouraged to use the comprehensive services provided by the Center for Career and Professional Development.
Glassdoor is the largest career community on the web where students can research what it's really like to work at more than 300,000 companies - with millions of company reviews and ratings, salary reports, interview questions and more - shared by employees themselves.
Through our new partnership with Hispanic Educational Technology Services (HETS), College of Staten Island students now have access to various online resources for researching graduate programs and opportunities, and preparing for a range of graduate entrance exams, such as the GRE, MCAT, and LSAT. There are also test-prep materials available for several licensing exams, such as NCLEX. To take advantage of these services, click on the image or click here.
Use access code hets0313 when prompted.