Office of Student Life
Carol Brower, Director
Division of Student Affairs
Location: Campus Center (1C), Room 201
Mission Statement:The Office of Student Life is dedicated to creating learning experiences which complement academic pursuits, support holistic student development and foster an engaging campus community.
The office serves the entire population of CSI by providing leadership development opportunities, advisement to clubs, organizations and publications including Student Government, the Campus Activities Board, WSIA-FM and through management of the Campus Center. The Office of Student Life provides a variety of services and programs including coordination of student leadership programs and civic engagement initiatives, publication of the student handbook, The Gazetteer and through implementation and coordination of a diverse calendar of student events.
The Office of Student Life is always available to help students make a connection to the CSI community and enhance their educational experience. Students can stop by the Campus Center (1C), room 201, to “Get Connected” to student life at CSI!
Office of Student Life Learning Outcomes
- Students will possess knowledge of leadership and leadership styles and how their leadership styles play out in the context of group development
- Students will understand the value and importance of co-curricular involvement to their personal and professional growth
- Students will be able to identify important problems, questions or issues and use critical thinking and problem solving skills to formulate a plan of action
- Students will develop a self-understanding and respect and the ability to use self-reflection and ethical reasoning in actions and decision-making
- Students will demonstrate leadership skills to effectively assist their group achieve its mission and goals while utilizing the contributions and involvement of others
- Students will establish healthy relationships and effective collaboration by managing conflict and respecting different points of view