The Office of Student Life would like to remind you that the CSI Food Pantry will continue to be an available resource on campus. If you or a CUNY student you know is having difficulties finding food to eat during this challenging time, CSI has a non-perishable Food Pantry that was created to help provide assistance for our students. The food pantry still remains available to our campus community by appointment only. The CSI Food Pantry Appointment Hours will be on Wednesday's and Friday's from 10:30am - 1:00pm.
In order to make an appointment, please fill out the link below and someone from the Office of Student Life will contact you. Appointments must be made by 4:30 pm on the Tuesday or Thursday, the day before your appointment. Please note, if the dates and times listed above do not work for your schedule or if you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
CSI Food Pantry Appointment:
If you are not able to get to campus, there are a few food pantries here on Staten Island that are open and available to you and your family.
1. Project Hospitality - 514 Bay Street, Staten Island 10301
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00am - 11:00am (Pantry)
Tuesday and Thursday from 11:30am - 1:00pm (Grab and Go Soup Kitchen)
2. El Centro / Faith Methodist Church - 221 Heberton Avenue (Entrance Red Door on Castleton Ave.) Staten Island, 10302
Hours: Thursdays from 5:00pm - 7:30pm
3.Stapleton UAME Church - 49 Tompkins Avenue, Staten Island 10304
Hours: Tuesday and Friday 10:00am - 1:00pm (Food Pantry)
Monday 3:00pm - 4:00pm & Wednesday 12:00pm - 1:00pm (Soup Kitchen)
4. Community Health Action of Staten Island - 2134 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island 10302
Hours: Tuesday 10:00am - 2:00pm, Wed. 12:00 - 4:00pm, Friday 2:00 – 6:00pm,
Saturday 10:00am -2:00pm
5. Reform Church of Prince's Bay - 239 Seguine Ave, Staten Island, NY, 10309
Hours: Sunday 5:00pm - 6:00pm
6. Bethel United Methodist Church - 7033 Amboy Road, Staten Island, NY 10307
Hours: Tuesday 2:15pm - 3:00pm
7. Assumption-St. Paul Catholic Church Soup Kitchen - 15 Webster Avenue, New Brighton
Hours: Sunday from 5:30pm - 6:30pm (Hot Grab and Go Meals available)
8. Christian Pentecostal - 900 Richmond Road, Staten Island, NY 10304
Hours: Tuesday’s from 3:00pm - 7:00pm
9. City Harvest Mobil Market - 22 Roxbury Street, Staten Island, NY 10303
Hours: First Wednesday & Third Saturday of the Month from 9:30am - 11:30am
Also, see list below for food resources available to all New Yorkers.
- Through the mayor's office and DOE, the Free Meals Program provides free food at 400 locations citywide.
- For those in need, NYC's Nutrition Kitchen food pantries allow anyone to pick up one week of free groceries.
- The Human Resources Administration created FoodHelp NYC to track pantries and community kitchens through a map.
- For New Yorkers with disabilities, food supply and distribution resources.
- The City is also providing online food shopping for SNAP recipients.
- CUNY Food pantries at the respective colleges are continuing to provide vital food assistance to students. CUNY students can access any CUNY pantry, regardless of school of attendance.
Staten Island Hunger Task Force: http://hungryonstatenisland.com/ It is the mission of the Staten Island Hunger Task Force to advocate for the needs of food-insecure families and individuals and not-for-profit emergency feeding programs in order to ensure that hunger needs are met in the borough of Staten Island.
Food Bank of NYC: https://www.foodbanknyc.org/get-help/ In light of ongoing developments around COVID-19, some emergency food providers have temporarily suspended normal operations and have switched to “grab and go” meals and pantry bags to minimize the risk of exposure. Many others, however remain open and this website will help you find pantries near your home address.
Plentiful App: https://www.plentifulapp.com/ Plentiful is a free app that you can download to locate pantries in your neighborhood. As the ongoing developments around COVID-19 are changing rapidly, please be sure to confirm hours of operation by calling before you visit.
FoodHelp NYC: https://maps.nyc.gov/foodhelp/ This site provides a map of food pantries and community kitchens located throughout the five boroughs. Please, call first!