Pathways OPT-IN Option
(For Continuing Students Only)
Continuing students who entered CSI prior to Fall 2013; and/or those who recently returned from a one semester leave only, can choose whether they wish to complete their existing degree requirements or change to Pathways. Students wishing to change their existing degree requirements to Pathways must OPT-IN. To opt-in to Pathways students must:
- Complete a “What-If” degree audit assessment on curriculum requirements for their current major and those which will be required under Pathways.
- To access your degree audit and obtain these reports, please enter your portal account at the CUNYfirst homepage.
- Make an appointment to meet with a professional academic advisor.
- Contact CAAS at 718.982.2800 to schedule an appointment.
- Bring your degree audit reports with you to your advising session.
- Complete and sign the OPT-IN Contract with a professional advisor.
Those continuing students interested in assessing whether the Pathways Initiative might best fit their general education needs would find this project most useful if they:
- Enrolled in CSI within the last two semesters.
- Have completed 23 or less college-level credits.
- Have not started their science requirements.
- Have not started their foreign language requirements (if required).
- Have not begun their pre-major coursework.
Continuing students are encourage to finalize their opt-in decisions before they complete their upcoming Fall, 2013 semester’s registration process.