Resume and Cover Letter Samples
All resume and cover letter samples have temporarily been moved to the student career database, Careers24/7.
Please visit http://www.csi.cuny.edu/careers247 to log into your account and access this material.
- To create a comprehensive career planning and placement center that uses current technology and information to teach students the skills necessary to achieve their career goals;
- To support and empower students and alumni in their career decision making, development of job search strategies, participation in experiential learning, and search for employment;
- To promote faculty involvement through collaborative relationships, including classroom presentations, and assistance with students applications;
- To establish and foster relationships with employers to facilitate the internship, professional employment, and application process.
- Alumni are encouraged to use the comprehensive services provided by the Center for Career and Professional Development.
The Center offers a full range of career planning and skill development programs to assist students in achieving their career goals.
- Individualized Career Planning – one- to-one consultation with our Career Specialists to determine student’s strengths and interests, fields of chosen study, and suitable job search plans utilizing a consultation model.
- Résumé and Cover Letter development – professional assistance in writing and editing résumés and cover letters.
- Internships - individualized advisement for students interested in securing paid, non-paid, or credit internships in their field of study.
- CUNY Service Corp – year long competitive paid internship opportunities for service projects in the areas of health, mental health, education, and business.
- Job Preparation and Professional Imaging Events such as Business Etiquette Lunch, Dressing for Career Success, Job Interview Strategies, Use of Social Networking.
- On Campus Recruitment – interview with recruiters from corporations, non-profit, and government agencies for a variety of professional positions.
- Job Fairs – real or virtual job recruitment events on campus.
- On Campus Networking Events – informational programs offering students the opportunity to “meet and greet” recruiters from different industries such as “Coffee and Careers Series”, “A Day in the Life” Employer Series, The Job Exchange, Speed Networking.
- Mentoring, Job Shadowing, Informational Interviewing – cultivate relationships with CSI Alumni who can assist students in gaining valuable experience about the “world of work”.
- Interview Coaching – in-person “practice” interviewing with helpful hints on successful interviewing and candidate presentation skills development for jobs, internships, special opportunity programs with constructive feedback offered by staff.