Fall 2020 Announcement:
The Center for Career and Professional Development is fully virtual for the Fall 2020 Semester.
We can be reached at email@example.com
To schedule an appointment and see our calendar of events please visit www.csi.cuny.edu/careers247
- To create a comprehensive career planning and placement center that uses current technology and information to teach students the skills necessary to achieve their career goals;
- To support and empower students and alumni in their career decision making, development of job search strategies, participation in experiential learning, and search for employment;
- To promote faculty involvement through collaborative relationships, including classroom presentations, and assistance with students applications;
- To establish and foster relationships with employers to facilitate the internship, professional employment, and application process.
- Alumni are encouraged to use the comprehensive services provided by the Center for Career and Professional Development.
Building 1A, Room 105
Phone : 718.982.2300
Fax : 718.982.2308
Contact Via Email
For Staff Listing
Hours of Operation
Monday - Wednesday
9AM - 5PM
Thursday 9AM - 5:00PM (till 7PM during Fall and Spring semesters)
Friday 9AM - 5PM
The Center offers a full range of career planning and skill development programs to assist students in achieving their career goals.
- Individualized Career Planning – one- to-one consultation, with our Career Specialists to determine student’s strengths and interests, fields of chosen study, and suitable job search plans utilizing a consultation model.
- Résumé and Cover Letter development – professional assistance in writing and editing résumés and cover letters.
- Internships - individualized advisement for students interested in securing paid, non-paid, or credit internships in their field of study.
- Job Preparation and Professional Imaging Events such as Business Etiquette Lunch, Dressing for Career Success, Job Interview Strategies, Use of Social Networking.
- On Campus Recruitment – interview with recruiters from corporations, non-profit, and government agencies for a variety of professional positions.
- Job Fairs – real or virtual job recruitment events on campus.
- On Campus Networking Events – informational programs offering students the opportunity to “meet and greet” recruiters from different industries such as “Coffee and Careers Series”, “A Day in the Life” Employer Series, The Job Exchange, Speed Networking.
- Mentoring, Job Shadowing, Informational Interviewing – cultivate relationships with CSI Alumni who can assist students in gaining valuable experience about the “world of work”.
- Interview Coaching – in-person “practice” interviewing with helpful hints on successful interviewing and candidate presentation skills development for jobs, internships, special opportunity programs with constructive feedback offered by staff.
- Up- to-date Job Postings – access to listings of part time, full time jobs and internships through our online career planning program Career24/7
- Career planning resources – full complement of job search online and in-office resources
Thousands of video clips of professionals sharing their personal career experiences and job preparation tips for your benefit!
The largest career community on the web where students can research what it's really like to work at more than 300,000 companies - with millions of company reviews and ratings, salary reports, interview questions and more - shared by employees themselves.
Hispanic Educational Technology Services (HETS)
Through our partnership with Hispanic Educational Technology Services (HETS), College of Staten Island students now have access to various online resources for researching graduate programs and opportunities, and preparing for a range of graduate entrance exams, such as the GRE, MCAT, and LSAT. There are also test-prep materials available for several licensing exams, such as NCLEX. To take advantage of these services, click on the image or click here and use password hets0313 to sign in.
Skills to Succeed Academy
Use Learner Registration Access Code: 04NYcs
For more information, please contact: