The Center for Career and Professional Development is open for in-person and virtual appointments Monday through Friday, 9AM - 5PM (exceptions include when the academic calendar notes the college is closed.)
To schedule an appointment, please call the Center at 718.982.2300 or visit us in Building 1A, Room 105. If you prefer, you can also schedule an appointment by logging into your Handshake student account at csicuny.joinhandshake.com/appointments/new
For in-person appointments, we ask individuals to follow the protocols below:
- When you arrive for your appointment, we encourage you to wear a mask, practice social distancing, and use hand sanitizer.
- If you would like to schedule a follow up appointment, please speak to our administrative assistant at the front desk or schedule your appointment with the counselor who helped you. If you prefer, you can self-schedule by logging on to Handshake at csicuny.joinhandshake.com/appointments/new
- If you have any immediate questions or concerns before leaving, please ask the counselor who helped you or any other staff person available.
For questions or concerns about the above policy, please email email@example.com
- To create a comprehensive career planning and placement center that uses current technology and information to teach students the skills necessary to achieve their career goals;
- To support and empower students and alumni in their career decision making, development of job search strategies, participation in experiential learning, and search for employment;
- To promote faculty involvement through collaborative relationships, including classroom presentations, and assistance with students applications;
- To establish and foster relationships with employers to facilitate the internship, professional employment, and application process.
- Alumni are encouraged to use the comprehensive services provided by the Center for Career and Professional Development.
Thousands of video clips of professionals sharing their personal career experiences and job preparation tips for your benefit!
The largest career community on the web where students can research what it's really like to work at more than 300,000 companies - with millions of company reviews and ratings, salary reports, interview questions and more - shared by employees themselves.
Hispanic Educational Technology Services (HETS)
Through our partnership with Hispanic Educational Technology Services (HETS), College of Staten Island students now have access to various online resources for researching graduate programs and opportunities, and preparing for a range of graduate entrance exams, such as the GRE, MCAT, and LSAT. There are also test-prep materials available for several licensing exams, such as NCLEX. To take advantage of these services, click on the image or click here and use password hets0313 to sign in.
Skills to Succeed Academy
Use Learner Registration Access Code: 04NYcs
For more information, please contact: