The overarching thrust of the Center and its activities is to be the driving force behind infusing the campus with ideas and activities that support comprehensive internationalization. The broad goals set forth below are designed to enhance comprehensive internationalization on the campus:
- Offer unique programming for students, faculty, staff, and the local community that serves the diverse needs of the broad spectrum of constituencies interested in international education, ideas, themes, and activities.
- Expand the international outreach of the College including new opportunities for joint research and scholarship through cooperative partnerships and programming at home and abroad.
- Infuse the curriculum with global learning so that all students are presented with opportunities that promote global-mindedness, cultural diversity, and international understanding.
- Position the College of Staten Island as a premier destination for international students and scholars though rigorous academic offerings, innovative programming, and welcoming policies.
- Encourage the participation in international educational opportunities and intercultural programming woven throughout the curriculum.
*walk-in advising for international students and students interested in study abroad 2-4pm each weekday
The Center for Global Engagement promotes the internationalization of academic life at the College of Staten Island/CUNY in order to foster an awareness of the interdependence of nations, the value of diversity and the importance of international understanding.
Founded in 1976, the Center for Global Engagement (The Center) administers a wide range of activities, including study abroad programs, faculty development opportunities, international student and scholar services, the English Language Institute (ELI) and international projects and programs. The activities of the Center are guided by the Center Advisory Committee, composed of CSI faculty and staff.