Applications for matriculation as a first-time (freshman) student will be accepted from persons who have never attended any institution of higher education (with the exception of those students who have taken college courses while in high school) and have graduated from high school, or will graduate prior to enrollment at CSI.
Applicants are considered for admission on the basis of:
- High School Academic Average
- High School Equivalency Scores
- SAT/ACT scores
Baccalaureate Degree Programs
Admission into a baccalaureate program is based on an examination of an applicant’s entire high school/secondary school academic record, which includes: academic units, grades/grade trends, and standardized test scores (SAT, ACT and NY State Regents). To be admitted into a four-year program, you must demonstrate college-level readiness in reading, writing and mathematics.
Applicants who are not admitted to a bachelor's degree program may be eligible for admission to an associate degree program at the College.
Fall 2016 Admissions Profile – Baccalaureate Degree Programs
Avg. GPA: 88.0 or 3.32
Avg. SAT score (before March 2016): 1102 (Critical Reading and Math) New Concorded SAT score (as of March 2016): 1170 (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Math)
Avg. ACT score: 24 (English and Math)
Recommended Academic Preparation for Baccalaureate Study
It is recommended that preparation for baccalaureate study include the following high school academic units:
- English: four units
- Social studies: four units
- Foreign language: three units of one foreign language: French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Latin, Russian, Spanish, or another acceptable foreign language.
- Mathematics: three units consisting of one unit of elementary algebra (9th-year mathematics), one unit of plane geometry (10th-year mathematics), and one unit of intermediate algebra and trigonometry (11th-year mathematics); or Courses I, II, and III of the New York State Sequential (integrated) Mathematics Curriculum.
- Science: three units consisting of one unit of any of the following: general biology, general science, chemistry, physics, or earth science, advanced biology, botany, or zoology.
Associate Degree Programs
You must have one of the following:
- High school diploma
- A High School Equivalency Diploma with scores
Applications for matriculation as a first-time student will be accepted from persons who have never attended any institution of higher education (with the exception of those students who have taken college courses while in high school) and who have either:
- graduated from an accredited high school, or
- earned an earned a high school equivalency diploma, or
- are currently attending high school and will receive a diploma prior to enrollment.
A diploma from an accredited high school is required for admission to the College. Scores on either the New York State Equivalency Diploma Examination or the General Education Development Examination are accepted as substitutes for the high school diploma.