Visit our Virtual Chat Room Mondays-Thursdays 9-5pm for registration assistance
On behalf of all of us at CSI, we hope you are well.
The Center for Advising and Academic Success is a fully telecommuting office available from Mondays-Fridays 9-5pm.
The advisement period for Summer/Fall 2021 began on March 1st. If you have an advisement hold, please locate the name of your assigned advisor on the right hand side of your Student Center in CUNYFirst. Registration has begun—get advised as soon as possible, so you can register and get the classes you NEED.
To ensure that you have access to your professors and courses, you need to:
1. Check your CIX account for messages from your professors. Access issues? Get Help!
2. Log into BlackBoard to access your classes. If you have recently made changes to your schedule (swap/drop/add), please allow 24-48hours for the courses to appear.
3. If there is a problem with Blackboard, Zoom or Assignments, please contact your professor immediately (their name can be found on your class schedule) using our contact directory:
If your Blackboard is not functioning properly, contact Help Desk.
4. Download Navigate, a student success tool to help you stay on track, engaged, and graduate on time.YOU CAN EMAIL YOUR PROFESSORS FROM THE APP and schedule your advisement appointment here!
To begin using this app, please download Navigate from the App Store or Google Play. You can also log in through the Student Desktop version using your CUNYfirst login credentials: (firstname.lastname+last two digits of your CUNY ID (don't need to include @login.cuny.edu).*
5. Update your personal information in CUNYFirst --Self-service. We communicate with you through the email and phone numbers listed. Update today.
7. Check out the FAQs
8. If you have not already done so, please complete your CLUE credits. Students that do not complete their CLUE credits by the time they complete 12 equated credits will receive a CLUE hold on their CUNYfirst account.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Advisement Team@CAAS
The Center for Advising and Academic Success (CAAS) is committed to student success here at CSI.
We work with special programs, specific student populations, academic departments and faculty members, and administrative offices to ensure that each student is given the best opportunity to progress in his/her academic pursuits and ultimately graduate.
We offer guidance in major and minor declaration, and can assist in pre-application preparation for special programs. CAAS assists all students with general education requirements, academic standing concerns, GPA calculations, en route Associate's degree applications, financial aid course compliance issues (TAP and TITLE IV appeals), DegreeWorks, and of course--academic advisement and course selection.