All CSI Buses
You can find schedules and other details about the buses serving CSI by clicking the blue sections below this box.
To track the current location of the CSI Shuttles to the College stop in front of 2A and to the St. George Ferry Terminal Shuttle bus stop please click the links below. Remember to refresh the page frequently.
Riding the CSI Buses
Operational Services manages campus and ferry shuttle transportation for use by Students, Faculty and Staff. The College provides a Campus Loop bus and an Accessibility van for rider who need assistance. Links to the specific schedules are available below. All bus stops can be viewed here on the CSI Campus Map.
Dolphin Card Required for Access to Ferry Shuttle and Loop Bus Services Since with the 2017 Fall semester a valid Dolphin Card with the Transportation Access Code (TAC) has been required for all students, faculty and staff to access the College bus services. All enrolled students will automatically have TAC embedded in their Dolphin cards. Faculty & staff who wish to access the service will be required to pay the same fee as our students. The Transportation Fee is $40 for fall/winter semesters combined, $40 for spring and $10 for each of the two summer sessions.
Faculty and staff who wish to ride the Ferry Shuttle and/or the Loop Bus can remit the fee to the Office of Parking & Dolphin Card Services by visiting the Parking and Dolphin Card Services Office in 3A-106 during business hours, or by using the following link: https://csi-sp.transactcampus.com/eaccounts/
Enter your College FLAS log in, deposit the appropriate fee, and follow the directions to complete the transaction.
Dolphin Card holders with TAC may bring one guest per ride by swiping their Dolphin Card twice.
Guests not accompanied by a member of the College community will be permitted access by contacting the Office of Operational Services in advance (email Andrew.Diaz@csi.cuny.edu) and requesting a Visitor Bus Pass. This pass must be printed and presented to the driver when boarding the bus. Please plan to give at least 24 hours advance notice.
CSI - St.George Ferry Shuttle Departure Times
Ride the CSI Ferry Shuttle Bus between CSI and the St. George Ferry!
Ferry Shuttle Schedule for Fall Semester 2023
Beginning Friday, August 25, there will be one bus assigned to the Ferry Shuttle route.
- Shuttle service will start at 7:05 AM at the Ferry Terminal and run day and evening until it arrives at the Terminal at approximately 11:05 PM where it ends.
- Shuttle service will run Mondays through Friday
- The Shuttle will leave St. George at 5 minutes after the hour and will leave CSI at 35 minutes after the hour.
The Ferry Shuttle pick-up Location is in front of building 2A at the Bus Shelter.
Regarding Holidays and College Closings
- There is no Ferry Shuttle Service on any day that the college is closed for official holidays (such as Labor Day, Monday, September 4th)
- There is no Ferry Shuttle Service when there are no classes (such as for religious observance September 15-17),
- There is no Ferry Shuttle Service when the College is closed any other reason of an emergency nature.
If you need additional information regarding the Shuttle Bus, please call Operational Services at 718-982-3220 during business hours or send an email to OperationalServices@csi.cuny.edu
This schedule is a guideline and is subject to change at anytime due to traffic, construction, or conditions beyond our control. Every attempt will be made to adhere to this schedule and to notify the college community as quickly as possible of changes.
* PLEASE NOTE: When the CSI Ferry shuttle is not available please consider utilizing the MTA S62 bus which runs a similar route from the Ferry Terminal to the College via Victory Blvd and stops at our campus. Click for the PDF Schedule: MTA S62 Schedule
Loop Bus Schedule
Ride the Loop bus to 7 stops around the campus
Loop Bus Schedule Fall Semester 2023
Beginning Friday, August 25, there will be one bus assigned to the College Loop route.
- Loop service will run continuously 7:00 AM until 11:00 PM
- Loop service will run Mondays through Fridays.
- The Loop makes all stops on the campus in approximately 20-minute intervals
Regarding Holidays and College Closings
- There is no Loop Service on any day that the college is closed for official holidays (such as Labor Day, Monday, September 4th)
- There is no Loop Service when there are no classes (such as for religious observance September 15-17),
- There is no Loop Service when the College is closed any other reason of an emergency nature.
* NOTE: This schedule is a guideline and is subject to change at anytime due to traffic, construction, or conditions beyond our control. Every attempt will be made to adhere to this schedule and to notify the college community as quickly as possible of changes.
Additional information or suggestions on service improvements can be directed to Operational Services at email@example.com
Interface with MTA Bus Service
Interface with MTA
Operational Services is always looking for ways to improve the transportation coordination with the MTA and has been successful in securing changes in MTA bus routes to benefit College students, faculty, and staff.
- The S93 which runs from CSI to 86th Street & Fourth Avenue in Brooklyn, now continues onto our campus to the S93 bus shelter in front of 1A from 7am to 11pm .
- At those times, the S93 will continue to make a stop at our front gate before leaving the college.
- In Brooklyn, it serves direct connections bus routes B8, B16, B37, B63, B64 and B70 and Subway route R.
- The first bus departing Brooklyn leaves Bay Ridge at 6:35AM with the last leaving Brooklyn at 10:00PM. The trip is estimated to be about 40 minutes.
- Please note that before 7am, after 11pm or when the college is officially closed, the S93 will stop only at our Front Gate.
- To view a pdf of the S93 schedule click here: MTA web site.
- *If the CSI Ferry shuttle is not available please utilize the MTA S62 bus which runs a similar route from the Ferry Terminal to the College via Victory Blvd and stops at our campus.
- To view a pdf of the S93 schedule click here MTA S62 Schedule
Accessible Bus Service
CSI Accessible Transportation Services
This service is provided for students, faculty and staff who require special accommodations.
Accessible Bus Service Schedule for Fall Semester 2023
Beginning Saturday, October 28, Accessible Transportation Service will be available as follows:
- Mondays through Thursdays: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Fridays: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Saturdays: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Regarding Holidays and College Closings:
- There is no Sunday Accessible service
- There is no Accessible Service on any day that the college is closed for official holidays (such as Labor Day, Monday, September 4th)
- There is no Accessible Service when there are no classes (such as for religious observance),
- There is no Accessible Service when the College is closed for any other reason of an emergency nature.
- During business hours (9:00 AM through 5:00 PM) when Accessibility Services are scheduled, please call Operational Services at Ext. 3220 (718.982.3220) to have the vehicle dispatched to your location.
- After 5:00PM and on Saturdays, please call Public Safety at Ext 2116 (718.982.2116) to have the vehicle dispatched to your location
To discuss accessibility transportation scheduling needs, please contact the Office of Accessibility (718) 982-2510 or send an email to Access@csi.cuny.edu
MTA Access-A-Ride Service
Access-A-Ride MTA New York City Transit operates Access-A-Ride, the City's paratransit system. Access-A-Ride (AAR) provides transportation for people with disabilities who are unable to use a public bus or subway service for their trips.
Access-A-Ride 1-877-337-2017 / 718-393-4999
The College of Staten Island’s Administration, in cooperation with NYCT Paratransit, has established 6 specific AAR stops within College’s Campus:
- 1P - Center for the Arts (Close access to Buildings 1A and 2A)
- 1R - Gymnasium
- 5N - Parking lot 4 (closest to Building 5N)
- 6S - Parking lot 2 (In front of Building 6S)
- 2M - Parking Lot 7 (in front of Building 2M)
- Front Gate - Main Entrance (North) Victory Blvd Entrance
Each of these locations has specific GPS coordinates along with signage to aide in the successful connection of the AAR vehicle/driver and customer.
When scheduling individual trips or subscription service for The College of Staten Island please determine which of these locations you are traveling to/from and ask the AAR Reservation Agent (Trip Planner) to:
Use the PLACES FILE to locate the address for 'The College of Staten Island's: (same locations as above)
f you experience any difficulty during the reservation process, please ask to speak with a supervisor.
Access-A-Ride 1-877-337-2017 / 718-393-4999
Welcome to Access-A-Ride Paratransit Service
The Office of Parking & DolphinCard Services is responsible for ensuring that every student, faculty and staff member, and visitor to the college who chooses to park and/or operate a motor vehicle on the CSI campus does so in accordance with college policy. The office oversees the sale of parking permits through the vehicle registration program and the enforcement of the college’s parking policies by Public Safety and Parking & DolphinCard Services personnel through the issuance of Traffic and Parking Summonses.
All college employees and students, including summer, visiting, evening, full-time, part-time, continuing education, etc. are required to purchase a valid CSI parking permit. Fees from parking permits are utilized for critical maintenance of parking lots, such as salting and snow removal; pothole repairs; resurfacing, striping, and painting of lots; and campus signage.