SEEK New Student Checklist
The checklist below contains the steps you will need to complete before you can confirm your seat in the SEEK Program and register for classes!
- Financial Aid: Complete your 2023-2024 FAFSA and TAP application online.
- Be accepted to The College of Staten Island (CSI)
- Accept the offer of admission on CUNYfirst to CSI
- Receive an invitation email to attend a SEEK Information Session
- Review the SEEK checklist on CUNYfirst and submit your required financial documents to prove your economic eligibility for SEEK
- To learn more about uploading your documents, visit the Office of Student Financial Aid
Here’s a list of Documents that may be requested on your CUNYfirst To Do list:
- 2021 Federal Tax Return (1040)IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter
- If you cannot document any income, you must submit an IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter – Use IRS Form 4506-T found on www.IRS.gov. Complete ALL sections of form with requested information, checking box 7 & 8 and send to mailing address or fax number provided. The response must be submitted to your school along with this application.
- 2021 Social Security Form 1099 or benefit notice for all members in the household
- 2021 Veteran benefit award letter
- 2021 Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefit letter for all members in the household
- 2021 Public Assistance Budget letter, listing all family members in the case
- Foster youth or ward of the court
- 2021 Child Support letter
- Attend a SEEK Information Session
- Receive income eligibility confirmation from SEEK
- Health History Forms: Complete and submit your Health History Forms and proof of immunizations
- Advisement and Registration: Meet with SEEK Counselor to register for classes and review the guidelines for the SEEK Program.
- Complete the SEEK Summer Program OR for students that have not yet met the proficiency requirements for English and/or Math (as determined by the proficiency Index score as established by CUNY) complete either CSI’s free Immersion Program or attend CUNYSTART/MATHSTART