Before joining CSI, Dr. Vachadze worked at the Bielefeld Graduate School of Economics and Management (BiGSEM), where he did his post graduate studies in economics under the guidance of Professor Volker Bohm. Dr. Vachadze’s current research and teaching interests include international economics, finance, development, and growth.
Ph.D. in Mathematics/Statistics, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, May 2003
Ph.D. in Economics from the Center of Economic Research and Graduate Education (CERGE) of Charles University in Prague, December 1999
Scholarship / Publications
2. Böhm, V., Kikuchi, T., and Vachadze, G. "Natural Resources and Patterns of Overtaking", International Journal of Economic Theory, 10 (2014), pp. 167-177.
3. Agliari, A., and Vachadze, G. "Credit Market Imperfection, Labor Supply Complementarity, and Output Volatility", Economic Modelling, 38 (2014), pp. 45-56.
4. Vachadze, G. "Land Market Liberalization, Transfer of Agricultural Technology, and the Process of Industrialization", Land Use Policy, 35 (2013), pp. 388-394.
5. Vachadze, G. "Capital Accumulation With and Without Land Market Liberalization: Beyond the "Win-Win" Situation", Agricultural and Food Economics, 1 (2013), pp. 1-16.
6. Agliari, A., and Vachadze, G. "Homoclinic and Heteroclinic Bifurcations in an Overlapping Generations Model with Credit Market Imperfection", Computational Economics, 38 (2011), pp. 241-260.
7. Böhm, V., and Vachadze, G. "Endogenous Inequality of Nations Through Asset Market Integration", Macroeconomic Dynamics, 14 (2010), pp. 285-310.
8. Böhm, V., and Vachadze, G. "Capital Accumulation with Tangible Assets", Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 68 (2008), pp. 248-257.
9. Böhm, V., Kikuchi, T., and Vachadze, G. "Asset Pricing and Productivity Growth: The Role of Consumption Scenarios", Computational Economics, 32 (2008), pp. 163-181.
10. Vachadze, G. "Recovery of Hidden Information from Stock Price Data: A Semiparametric Approach", Journal of Economics and Finance, 2 (2001), pp. 258-274.