Professor Mullins teaches and conducts research in management, with a focus on public management, equity, and work/family issues in organizations.
PhD, Rutgers University
MA, Columbia University
MM, New Jersey City University
BA, Villanova University
- Mullins, Lauren Bock, Étienne Charbonneau and Norma Riccucci. 2019. “Lessons from Canadian Caregivers: How Family Responsibilities Discrimination Affects Public Employees.” Review of Public Personnel Administration. (Forthcoming).
- Mullins, Lauren Bock and Jyldyz Kasymova. 2018. “The Good, Bad and Ugly of Innovations in Human Services Administration: Evidence from New York Counties.” Journal of Public Management and Social Policy.
- Mullins, Lauren Bock. 2017. “CEDAW: The Challenges of Enshrining Women’s Equality in International Law.” Public Integrity.
- Moreno, Karina and Lauren Bock Mullins. 2017. “Structural exclusion and administration burden within the Affordable Care Act: An exploratory study of Latinos in Arizona.” Journal of Health and Human Services Administration.
- Mullins, Lauren Bock. 2016. “Can Teachers ‘Lean in’? FRD: Why Some Public School Teachers Prefer Not To.” Journal of Workplace Rights.
- Holzer, Marc, Lauren Bock Mullins, Marco Ferreira, and Peter Hoontis. 2016. “Implementing Performance Budgeting at the State Level: Lessons Learned from New Jersey.” International Journal of Public Administration, Volume 39, Issue 2, pp. 95-106.
- Mullins, Lauren Bock and Karina Saldivar. 2015. “Research Associating Gender and Government Privatization: Lessons from International Literature.” WAGADU, A Journal of Transnational Women’s and Gender Studies.
- Kim, Taehee and Lauren Bock Mullins. 2014. “How Does Supervisor Support and Diversity Management Affect Employee Participation in Work/Family Policies? Research Note.” Review of Public Personnel Administration: The Journal of Public Human Resource Management. Published online. DOI: 10.1177/0734371X14553883
- Mullins, Lauren Bock. 2014. “Is Family Responsibilities Discrimination the New Sex Discrimination? Lessons from School Teachers’ Perceptions.” Review of Public Administration and Management. 2: 142. DOI:10.4172/2315-7844.1000142
- Mullins, Lauren Bock. “Pink Tape: A Feminist Theory of Red Tape.” September 2013. Symposium of Women in Public Service. Public Voices, Volume XIII, Issue 2, p. 33.
- Mullins, Lauren Bock. “The Art of Improvisation and Street-Level Bureaucracy.” Public Voices, September 2012, Vol. 12, Issue 2, p. 68.
Mullins, Lauren Bock. “Celebrating the Fight for Women’s Suffrage: An Interview with Nancy Tate.” 2019. PA Times. (In print).
Letter to the Editor of the Wall Street Journal on work and family, published on March 6, 2015.
Letter to the Editor of the Wall Street Journal on the gender pay gap, published on April 13, 2014.
Mullins, Lauren Bock, Alexander C. Henderson and Linda L. Vila. (2016). “Public-Private Collaboration in Workforce Development: Examining the Intersection of Public Education Programs and Private-Sector Employer Needs.” In, Daniel Bromberg (Ed.), Creative Government-Business Alliances: A Public Solutions Handbook, The Public Solutions Handbook Series. Routledge.
Holzer, Marc and Lauren Bock Mullins. (2012). “Citizen Participation and Performance: A Model for Citizen-Based Government and Performance Management.” In, Hindy Schachter and Kaifeng Yang (Eds.), The State of Citizen Participation in America, International Civic Engagement Series. Information Age Publishing.
Holzer, Marc, Lauren Bock Mullins, Rusi Sun, and Jonathan Woolley. (2012). “An Analysis of Collaborative Governance Models In the Context of Shared Services.” In, Hindy Schachter and Kaifeng Yang (Eds.), The State of Citizen Participation in America, International Civic Engagement Series. Information Age Publishing.