Student Billing Information
All Fall 2023 payments are past due and must be paid immediately. Spring 2024 Nelnet payment plans are available. Enroll in the Spring 2024 payment plan by December 22, 2023 and pay your charges in 5 payments. You must enroll in the payment plan by your bill due date.
If you register for classes and do not officially withdraw prior to the start of the semester, you are responsible for all tuition and fee charges as per the University Academic Calendar. The Bursar’s Office cannot waive or reduce these charges for any reason.
The mission of the Bursar Office is to provide accurate and timely financial information to the campus community. By maintaining the integrity of student financial records and providing exceptional customer service, the Bursar Office strives to support The College of Staten Island students in meeting their financial obligations as they pursue their studies.
The Bursar’s Office is on campus to assist students, faculty and staff in person. In addition to our regular window hours, Bursar staff is available via email and/or telephone to answer any questions and concerns relating to your account, refunds, vouchers, etc.
Please utilize our extensive online services via CUNYfirst, which include viewing your balance and account activity, submitting eCheck and/or credit/debit card payments, and viewing/printing your eBill and 1098-T form.
You can reach the Bursar’s Office by emailing Bursar@csi.cuny.edu or calling the Bursar Call Center at 718.982.2060.
Important Registration and Bill Due Date Information
Winter 2024 SEMESTER - Term Start Date January 2, 2024
|REGISTRATION DATES||BILL DUE DATES|
SPRING 2024 SEMESTER - Term Start Date January 25, 2024
|REGISTRATION DATES||BILL DUE DATES|
|1/19/2024 or later||Due Immediately|
Students with unpaid balances after the bill due date are subject to class cancellation at the discretion of the college
Tuition, Fees, and Expenses
Important Fee Information
As per City University Policy: Effective for Summer 2013 semester, students who register for more than one Summer session will be charged a separate Student Activity Fee, Senate Fee, and Consolidated Service Fee. Only one Technology Fee for will be charged regardless of the number of sessions you register for.
All tuition and fees listed in the College Catalog and in any registration material issued by the College are subject to change without prior notice by action of the Board of Trustees. If you do not make full payment on your tuition and fees and other college bills and your account is sent to a collection agency, you will be responsible for all collection costs, including agency fees, attorney fees and court costs, in addition to whatever amounts you owe the college.
In addition, non-payment or a default judgment against your account may be reported to a credit bureau and reflected in your credit report.
- Medical withdrawals, which must include documentation from a physician, should be addressed to the College Health Center. Medical withdrawals are subject to the regular College refund policy. See the Medical Withdrawal for more details.
Nelnet Payment Plan (Deferred Payment Plan)
- Beginning in the Summer 2016 semester, a student can enroll in a Nelnet Payment Plan to provide students and their families the option of paying their tuition and fee charges monthly instead of prior to the start of the semester. This deferred payment plan is interest free and allows students the option to set up payments with a credit card, debit card, or electronic check.
New Enrollment Fee Policy:
- Starting with Enrollment in the Summer 2020 semester, all Nelnet payment plans are $25.00 per semester. You can pay your monthly charges with an electronic check or credit card. All credit card payments are charged an additional non-refundable 2.65% convenience fee.
Using a Credit Card with your Nelnet Plan:
- If you choose to make your payment with a credit card, you will be charged a 2.65% non-refundable convenience fee.
- To view an Instructional Video to assist you with enrolling for a Nelnet Payment Plan.
The Bursar’s Office is responsible for the collection of tuition and fees at the College of Staten Island
Beginning with the Fall 2014 semester Student Housing charges may appear on your tuition bill at the college. For more information regarding Student Housing, please go to www.csistudenthousing.com.
Beginning with the Fall 2014 semester the College of Staten Island requires that all First Time Housing Students sign up for a minimum Meal Plan of $935 per semester / $1,975 per year. These charges may appear on your student account. Students are also able to sign up for Meal Plans for different meal programs. For additional information, please go to the Dolphin Card web page.