Open menu button Close menu button


Do I need to get an MMR – Measle, Mumps and Rubella vaccine?

NYS Public Health Law 2165 requires that postsecondary students who are enrolling for six or more credits show protection against measles, mumps, and rubella. All newly enrolled students born on or after Jan. 1, 1957 must submit documentation proving immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella (German measles) by completing the Immunization Record form.

Do I need to get a Meningitis shot?

No.  However, NYS Public Health Law 2167 requires all post-secondary institutions to provide information on Meningitis to all students registering for six credits or more.  Since this is not a requirement, you may decline the Meningitis vaccine directly from your CUNYfirst account OR you may complete the Immunization Record form regardless of age.  The Health Center does not offer the vaccine.

How do I get health care when I need it? 

The Health Center is staffed by nurses and a part-time nurse practitioner. Appointments are recommended, however, walk-ins are seen based on availability of the provider. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911. If calling 911 while on campus, also call Public Safety at x2111 so they can expedite the emergency response.

What steps must I follow in order to obtain a medical withdrawal? 

The Health Center reviews requests for medical withdrawals for the current or prior semester only when no grades have been earned. Please carefully read the Medical Withdrawal Instructions and have the form completed by your medical or mental health provider. Bring this completed form to the Health Center (1C-112) or send it via email to Medical withdrawals are subject to the regular College refund policy as per the academic calendar. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for more details.