Areas of Interest
Optical properties and structure of solids and defects. Electron–lattice interaction. High resolution optical, laser, hole-burning and site selection spectroscopy. Ultrafast time resolved and coherent spectroscopy. Raman characterization of materials. Optical storage and optical communications.
Optical centers in diamond. Single center and single photon optical emitters. Spectral hole-burning materials and storage applications.
PhD - Solid State Physics, Institute of Physics of the Estonian Academy of Sciences, Tartu, Estonia, 1979
MS - Quantum Electronics Engineering, Institute of Fine Mechanics and Optics, Leningrad, Russia, 1971
- Y. Deshko, A. Gorokhovsky, "Effects of planar geometry on the inhomogeneous broadening of zero phonon lines of optical centers in diamond", Phys. Status Solidi B 250, 278-282 (2013).
- Y. Deshko, Mengbing Huang, and A.A. Gorokhovsky, "Conversion efficiency of implanted ions by confocal micro-luminescence mapping", J. Lumin. 133, 61- 65 (2013).
- Anshel Gorokhovsky, "Organic materials for spectral hole burning and for non-hole burning optical filters" (Invited Paper), Advances on Photonics of Quantum Computing, Memory, and Communication V, Proc. SPIE, 8272, 82720H1 - 82720H9 (2012).
- V. Kumar, A.A. Bergman, A.A. Gorokhovsky, and A.M. Zaitsev, "Formation of carbon nanofilms on diamond for all-carbon based temperature and chemical sensor application", Carbon, 49, 1385 -1394 (2011).
- Y. Deshko, Mengbing Huang, and A.A. Gorokhovsky, "Statistical analysis of micro-luminescence maps of implanted optical centers in diamond", J. Lumin. 131, 489 - 493 (2011).
- Y. Deshko, A.A. Gorokhovsky, "Spectroscopy and micro-luminescence mapping of Xe-implanted defects in diamond", Low Temp. Phys. 36, 465 - 471 (2010).
- A.A. Bergman, A.M. Zaitsev, Mengbing Huang and A.A. Gorokhovsky, "Photoluminescence and Raman studies of Xe ion-implanted diamonds: Dependence on implantation dose", J. Luminescence, (2009)..
- J.-P. Galaup and A.A. Gorokhovsky, "Long delay engraving and recovery of chirped femtosecond pulses by spectro-temporal holography in spectral hole burning molecular solids", J. of Luminescence, 127, 164 (2007).
- A.A. Bergman, A.M. Zaitsev, and A.A. Gorokhovsky, "Polarization of luminescence and site symmetry of the Xe center in diamond, J. of Luminescence", 125, 92 (2007).
- A.M. Zaitsev, A.A. Bergman, A.A. Gorokhovsky, and M. Huang, "Diamond light emitting diode activated with Xe centers", Phys. Stat. Sol (a) 203, 638 (2006).
- V.A. Martinovich and A.A. Gorokhovsky, "Laser-induced luminescence of xenon implanted natural diamond", J. of Luminescence 107, 261 (2004).
- V.A. Martinovich, A.V. Turukhin, A.M. Zaitsev and A. A. Gorokhovsky, "Photoluminescence spectra of xenon implanted natural diamonds", J. of Luminescence 102-103, 785 (2003).
- R.S.Pander, A.A. Gorokhovsky, Z. Liu, I.V. Solomatin, and D. Psaltis, "Spectroscopy, persistent hole-burning, and holographic applications of naphto-phthalocyanine/haloanthracene systems", J. of Luminescence 98, 207 (2002).
- A.V. Turukhin, A.A. Gorokhovsky, C. Moser, I.V. Solomatin and D. Psaltis, "Spectral hole-burning in naphthalocyanines derivatives in the region 800 nm for holographic storage applications", J. of Luminescence 86, 399 (2000).
- A.V. Turukhin, A.V. Carpenter, A.A. Gorokhovsky, T. Chu and Y. Okamoto, "Hole Burning Spectroscopy of Thulium Chelats", J. of Luminescence 86, 333 (2000)
- A.V. Turukhin and A.A. Gorokhovsky, "Determination of quantum efficiency of persistent spectral hole burning using dispersive kinetics", Chem. Phys. Lett. 317, 109 (2000).