Dr. Jiang's current research focuses on advanced modulation techniques and high speed data transmission over glass fiber and plastic fiber.
Dr. Jiang engages in research and development in optical fiber communications and data communications over twenty years and has extensive experiences in R&D of advanced optical transmission systems. Her research areas cover from optical fiber, components and devices to long distance transmissions and networking.
Dr. Jiang is a member of the Optical Society of America and the IEEE. She has served on numerous conference program committees, and was program chair of WOCC 2014 conference and organizer of WOCC 2017 conference.
PhD, Tsinghua University
MS, Tsinghua University
BS, Tsinghua University
MBA, University of Southern California
1. X. Jiang, M. Feuer, and M.Bnyamin, “Advance modulation formats for large capacity data center networks,” in Proc. SPIE 10536, Photonics West OPTO 2018, San Francisco, California, Jan. 27 – Feb. 1, 2018.
2. A. Lopez ; A. Losada ; J. Mateo ; X. Jiang ; D. Richards ; N. Antoniades, “Transmission Performance of Plastic Optical Fibers Designed for Avionics Platforms,” IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 468-475, 2018.
3. A. Lopez, X. Jiang, M. A. Losada, J. Mateo, D. Richards, and N. Antoniades, “POF-Based System and its Temperature Sensitivity for Avionics Applications”, in 19th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks, Catalonia, Spain, July 2017
4. B. Zhu, P.I. Borel, t. Geisler, R. Jensen, L.Leng, X. Jiang, d. W. Peckham, R. L. Lingle Jr., D. Vaidya, M.F. Yan, P.W. Wisk, and D. J. Digiovanni, “800Gb/s (8x128Gb/s) unrepeatered transmission over 515-km large-area ultralow-loss fiber using 2nd-order Raman pumping”,Optics Express, vol. 24, No. 22, pp. 25291 - 25297, 2016.
5. X. Jiang, and B. Zhu, “Experimental Evaluation of the Crosstalk Impacts of Cascaded ROADMs Supporting Space Division Multiplexing,”, in Optical Fiber communication Conference and Exposition (OFC 2016) , Los Angeles, California, paper Th2A.50, March 20-24, 2016.
6. X. Jiang, “Applications and Validations of Gaussian Noise Models,” in 2016 IEEE 25th Wireless and Optical Communication Conference (WOCC 2016), Chengdu, China, May 22, 2016.
7. B. Zhu; C. Xie; L. Nelson; X. Jiang; D. Peckham; R. Lingle; P. Wisk; M. Yan; D. DiGiovanni, “70 nm Seamless Band Transmission of 17.3 Tb/s over 40x100km of Fiber using Complementary Raman/EDFA,”in Optical Fiber communication Conference and Exposition (OFC 2015), Los Angeles, California, paper W3G.4, March 22-26, 2015.
8. X. Jiang, J.Wang, and, Z. Pan, “Experimental Evaluation of Chromatic dispersion estimation methods using polynomial fitting in coherent optical systems”, Optics Communications, vol. 331, pp. 119-123, 2014.
9. X. Jiang, R. Harel, G. Cohen, D. Marom, M. Feuer, “Crosstalk in a ROADM Supporting Spatial Superchannels for Space Division Multiplexing,” in the Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO 2014), San Jose, CA, paper SW3J.8, June 8-13, 2014.
10. J. Wang, X. Jiang, Y. Weng, X. He, and Z. Pan, “Non-Data-Aided Chromatic Dispersion Estimation for Nyquist Spectrally Shaped Fiber Transmission Systems,”in the 23rd Wireless and Optical Communication Conference (WOCC 2014), Newark, NJ, paper O1.1,March. 9-10, 2014.